I'm hearing rumbles about folks selling their .22's?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
Been hearing from a number of folks that are talking about selling off their 22lr's because of the no ammo available thing.

Y'all seeing this?

karlac

Gone fishin' ...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2013
WestU, TX
And prices on .22lr seem to have spiked again. You have to get up in the wee hours and check the ammo bots for anything less than .12 -.18/round, and you still see a lot of .22lr costing the same as .45ACP. Can't imagine who would buy it at that price, but someone is.

Just received 650 rounds @ .06/rd from Cabelas, ordered a almost three weeks back (free shipping, so they must have walked it down), and although that price is still high to me, it beats most local prices, if you can find it.

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
Agree. Still strange to me though. I was one of those peeps hanging out at Academy before they opened, bought enough .22 to not worry too much about it anymore but still can't find it when I go in. Buying almost everything else isn't much of a problem, but .22 is scarcer than hen's teeth.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
Dec 28, 2012
Cedar Park
I've been rather covetous with the .22 I have left. Still have plenty of Wolf match that I'll shoot about a BX25s worth of once a month but my other stuff has just sat for almost half a year now. Waiting I suppose for a chance to do some bunny hunting. Speaking of which anybody got some bunnies they need help getting rid of...or maybe some piglets? I've never gotten to hunt in my life and still can't find anywhere to do so without paying an arm and a leg that I don't exactly have atm.

Top Bottom