Guns International

I'm hearing rumbles about folks selling their .22's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Been hearing from a number of folks that are talking about selling off their 22lr's because of the no ammo available thing.

Y'all seeing this?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    And prices on .22lr seem to have spiked again. You have to get up in the wee hours and check the ammo bots for anything less than .12 -.18/round, and you still see a lot of .22lr costing the same as .45ACP. Can't imagine who would buy it at that price, but someone is.

Just received 650 rounds @ .06/rd from Cabelas, ordered a almost three weeks back (free shipping, so they must have walked it down), and although that price is still high to me, it beats most local prices, if you can find it.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Agree. Still strange to me though. I was one of those peeps hanging out at Academy before they opened, bought enough .22 to not worry too much about it anymore but still can't find it when I go in. Buying almost everything else isn't much of a problem, but .22 is scarcer than hen's teeth.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I've been rather covetous with the .22 I have left. Still have plenty of Wolf match that I'll shoot about a BX25s worth of once a month but my other stuff has just sat for almost half a year now. Waiting I suppose for a chance to do some bunny hunting. Speaking of which anybody got some bunnies they need help getting rid of...or maybe some piglets? I've never gotten to hunt in my life and still can't find anywhere to do so without paying an arm and a leg that I don't exactly have atm.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I got two 1,000 rnd boxes a few months back. I had no idea how lucky I was at the time. They were at walmart so the prices weren't too bad either. I'm probably sitting at around 2,500 rnds right now and only have a bolt action rifle so im good.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    These guys would be absolutely lost or lose their ass in the commodities market.

They'll be the first to line up for $2,500 DPMS Sporticals when the next panic hits.

In the meantime I'm hoping to pick up a few .22 rifles cheap.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Speaking of which anybody got some bunnies they need help getting rid of...or maybe some piglets? I've never gotten to hunt in my life and still can't find anywhere to do so without paying an arm and a leg that I don't exactly have atm.

Where are you located? Have you taken the required Hunter Safety Course yet? If not you need to try to get that knocked out before you go in the woods. Or you could purchase a 1 year (once in a lifetime) deferral but you'll have to hunt that year with someone who has it. And when I say with I mean within talking distance, not just on the same lease. Game Wardens are really cracking down and writing tickets.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    I haven't heard of anyone selling their 22s. That would be a very stupid thing to do, just because ammo is hard to find. I also got lucky at walmart at few months ago finding 2 1000 round boxes

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I'm gonna start carrying around an extra few hundred bucks.

Next time I hear someone say this, BOOM! Gotz da moneyz right here!

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Where are you located? Have you taken the required Hunter Safety Course yet? If not you need to try to get that knocked out before you go in the woods. Or you could purchase a 1 year (once in a lifetime) deferral but you'll have to hunt that year with someone who has it. And when I say with I mean within talking distance, not just on the same lease. Game Wardens are really cracking down and writing tickets.

I took my class about 4 months back. Haven't gotten a license yet, just waiting for a definite time and place to hunt before I do.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I took my class about 4 months back. Haven't gotten a license yet, just waiting for a definite time and place to hunt before I do.

Well, you didn't answer the location question which is fine but if you're anywhere near north Texas I'd let you go after some hogs at my place. You'd have to leave the weed at home though LOL.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Well, you didn't answer the location question which is fine but if you're anywhere near north Texas I'd let you go after some hogs at my place. You'd have to leave the weed at home though LOL.

Oh my apologies I'm down in the Austin area but do occasionally go up to DFW. I promise to be legal and will even help with any work you need on your property if and when I can make it up.

Top Bottom