Texas SOT

I'm looking for good reasons to own a 1911, what are they?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Just like in cars…having a nice discussion of good ol’ Detroit iron and here comes the ricer guy going on about the Nagasaki Noisy Boy he slapped on his ‘92 Civic….

Been there done that with the 9mm and it’s boring & tasteless, like McDonald’s.
    Well phuq! I drive a Restomod 65 Mustang and and I say a Qtr pounder with cheese is pretty damn tasty!
    Most of those Fart can boys go to Jack in the crack.:)

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    QFT!!!
    But that's not really the reason for the OP's inability to choose his 1911. I still think he should get a staccato and have it changed over to the old STI captive recoil spring guide rod.

I asked about them having some of the older inventory around when I met with them, and, unfortunately there is nothing available for a new purchase. I'm sure they have some stuff around for warranty work and such, but...

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I asked about them having some of the older inventory around when I met with them, and, unfortunately there is nothing available for a new purchase. I'm sure they have some stuff around for warranty work and such, but...
    The older STI's with the little plastic clip that snapped onto the captive spring guide rod was quick and easy to disassemble and reassemble, even one handed.

ETA: Maybe you could have them drill a small hole in the guide rod for the paper clip to slide into like Springfield and RIA do on their bull barrel versions.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Unfortunately, with the new pistol designs, the bent paper clip thing, or half moon plastic clip things won't work. Was one of my first questions. Followed by the older inventory one. Although he did say the plastic clip could possibly work on the (8) eight round model. If there was a working 10 round option, I could have been open to it. But, not only eight rounds. Particularly given my situation.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I hate bull barrels
    ?

1624632756216.png

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Unfortunately, with the new pistol designs, the bent paper clip thing, or half moon plastic clip things won't work. Was one of my first questions. Followed by the older inventory one. Although he did say the plastic clip could possibly work on the (8) eight round model. If there was a working 10 round option, I could have been open to it. But, not only eight rounds. Particularly given my situation.

Have you looked at a CZ75?

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Have you looked at a CZ75?
    I have a P-01. Semi-sorta the same issue as the Staccato. Lining up the take down marks, and pushing pin/lever through while under constant spring tension. Getting these pistols taken apart is not a problem. I can do that to most any pistol. Getting them put back in to working order is the problem.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I just cannot get past having and holding a real Government Model 1911a1....
    I think I just alienated the wife for the weekend. She walked in while I was fondling the one I bought today. She knew it was one she had not seen before (yes she does know quite a bit about !911a1 .45s) The little woman is a retired Navy CPO and holds both the Navy Distinguished Expert Pistol and Distinguished Expert Rifle Medals. Tough little shit!
    She was ogling my new toy with one raised eyebrow. Really?
    My response was.... but, but, but, but, but,
    " It is such a nice Remington-Rand National Match 1911a1!"
    Her reply as she walked away shaking her head... was another "REALLY?"
    I guess there is no explanation to being addicted.....
    (pictures coming soon)
    John

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I think I just alienated the wife for the weekend. She walked in while I was fondling the one I bought today. She knew it was one she had not seen before (yes she does know quite a bit about !911a1 .45s) The little woman is a retired Navy CPO and holds both the Navy Distinguished Expert Pistol and Distinguished Expert Rifle Medals. Tough little shit!
    (pictures coming soon)
    John
    How have you lived so long

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    (pictures coming soon)
    John

Some will get it, some won’t. I have 1944 Remington-Rand, it’s like holding a piece of history.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    (pictures coming soon)
    John

Lucky guy! I have only seen one Remington-Rand and that was in museum case, much less actually held one in my hands.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    The New Colt Fire Bronze Edition 1 of 300 is really attractive BUT ir is still not a 1911. As soon as I saw that it was a 1991 a1 I lost interest. Actually Series 80s don't do it for me either. But the Fire Bronze is pretty. Just has to be a Pre 70 or full military.

Top Bottom