I'm looking for good reasons to own a 1911, what are they?

msharley

Well-Known
Feb 28, 2021
Central Pennsylvania
I think I may have just pissed off the wife. I just bought another 1911a1. I am like some kind of addict and I just couldn't pass it up. This makes 9, Government Model 1911a1s. maybe she won't notice when it gets delivered. Decent Military National Match models just don't come around very often.
John
Sweet!

I'll need to do a count, some day. Have two project 1911's in the works....(do they count?) LOL

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
Rural Illinois
Occasionally I attend DOD Surplus Sales and auctions at Great Lakes NTC and Camp McCoy in Wisconsin. Just sorting through junk Military Surplus dealers by for resale. At one s ale I found a box of large tent spikes the size for dining tents or emergency hospital tents. There were 30 stakes. three feet long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter painted white. I bought them cheap!
With all of the ANTIFA riots (peaceful demonstrations) that happened in Kenosha Wisconsin and spilled to the south into Illinois within two blocks of my home, burning and looting neighborhood stores and restaurants, it was time for me to survey and plan to defend my home. I placed those stakes at intervals around my property. only about a foot of the stakes shows and looks like a surveying project gone wrong but nothing to get any attention. A neighbor asked me about them, I simply told him I was measuring for a fence to be installed. NOT my intention.
Several years ago I went to a surplus sale at Fort McCoy near Madison Wisconsin and bought a box with 12 spools of what looks like metal cans of training films.
Oops! Not training film cans. 55meter spools of deployable stainless steel "Razor Ribbon" with the handles. Hundreds of yards of some really NASTY entanglement that I can attach to those stakes in several layers. AND reel it back up into the spools.
I DO NOT play well with brainless Obama Zombies!
1aqws.jpg
7414727208_e1748d57de.jpg

msharley

Well-Known
Feb 28, 2021
Central Pennsylvania
Occasionally I attend DOD Surplus Sales and auctions at Great Lakes NTC and Camp McCoy in Wisconsin. Just sorting through junk Military Surplus dealers by for resale. At one s ale I found a box of large tent spikes the size for dining tents or emergency hospital tents. There were 30 stakes. three feet long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter painted white. I bought them cheap!
With all of the ANTIFA riots (peaceful demonstrations) that happened in Kenosha Wisconsin and spilled to the south into Illinois within two blocks of my home, burning and looting neighborhood stores and restaurants, it was time for me to survey and plan to defend my home. I placed those stakes at intervals around my property. only about a foot of the stakes shows and looks like a surveying project gone wrong but nothing to get any attention. A neighbor asked me about them, I simply told him I was measuring for a fence to be installed. NOT my intention.
Several years ago I went to a surplus sale at Fort McCoy near Madison Wisconsin and bought a box with 12 spools of what looks like metal cans of training films.
Oops! Not training film cans. 55meter spools of deployable stainless steel "Razor Ribbon" with the handles. Hundreds of yards of some really NASTY entanglement that I can attach to those stakes in several layers. AND reel it back up into the spools.
I DO NOT play well with brainless Obama Zombies! View attachment 263144 View attachment 263145
Hey MJ,

Being prepared?

Wins the battle!

(seriously thinkin' of raisin' hogs....after all, only so much the neighbor's hawgs can et!)

Later, Mark

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
Rural Illinois
That is not very funny in Waukegan. We had a Chinese Restaurant a short distance from an Animal Hospital ( about 100 yards) that was sued and closed for serving deceased feline,
Yum Yum!
I ate dog, rat and monkey even the vinegar boiled pork and cabbage in Vietnam. But I couldn't get those damned canned eggs down!
A real taste treat!

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts