Target Sports

I'm looking for good reasons to own a 1911, what are they?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    This one has been posted before, but it's an awesome pistola. Built in the FT Benning AMU shop in '71, probably by Jackie Best. Shoots GI match ball into tiny groups at 50 yds without any malfunctions. A superb 1911 that's fun to shoot, with a history.
    Bob

You really need to rehome that poor thing - it's obviously lonely and needs the company of others of its' kind........
    Hurley's Gold

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    8784DAE3-A948-4740-94F3-09C17069D72B.jpeg

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Imagine, if you will, the Tactical Carry Commander, which should be the second picture scrolling downward on this website, with the Heinie Strait Eight Ledge pictured here installed instead of the stock ramp rear and f.o. front sights. Other than the sights and a spring change, this would be a stock pistol.

And WOW! what a shooter. Only had 70 rounds of left over Sig 115 grn ball to play with for now, and five new Metalform 10 rnd. mags. and the two 10 rounders it shipped with for function testing. Okay, technically 69 rounds fired, as one mag had a misfeed, and I forgot to mark it, so I'll do it again in the future. But overall, I'm very pleased with it. More accurate than I'll ever be but, if I do my part, I'm able to hit a 1" water inlet on an old water heater turned seive/target ledge (it's laying flat) from about eight yards and a sitting position. Some of the targets are various log ends from about 3 to 6" diameter and I had no problem dumping a full ten rnd. mag. into one.

After a thousand or so rounds, I do believe that a new, and wider thumb safety will be added. As expected, the inside of the shooting hand thumb has a bit of a raw spot from rubbing against the slide and the serrations on it. And a Magwell for reloading ease.

And a new holster

And a new belt

And a new weapons light

And a....

Yáll are a terrible, terrible influence on the poor folk

lordmorgul

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2020
    Parker Co
    Only 1 good reason NOT to own one: you cannot afford it. That may be legit. Otherwise, all other considerations are whining.

Andrew - Parker Co
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Only 1 good reason NOT to own one: you cannot afford it. That may be legit. Otherwise, all other considerations are whining.

Andrew - Parker Co
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!
    Welcome to the Forum!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

Andrew - Parker Co
    Anyone who can't afford a 1911 should sell their TV to buy one. A 1911 is a necessity, a TV isn't.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Andrew - Parker Co
    It's entirely your choice, of course, but if you want to sign off like that it's generally easier to put all that info in your signature. Offhand, I don't know if that permission kicks in immediately or after 25 posts but you might want to explore that option.

Of course, this assumes you actually want to include every bit of that information. :)

Top Bottom