DK Firearms

I'm looking for good reasons to own a 1911, what are they?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

cecf8fd1055739e3baca555e8218fea7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Hymen-larious...
    Now 15+1 to 30+1, vs 8+1 is the REAL dilemma...
    I carry a 1911 .45, although I do carry more than one magazine, I have yet to be in a situation where I told myself "I wish my magazines held more rounds". Of course, if I'm near my car and I felt I needed more rounds and firepower, my handgun will be used to get to my rifle. The same goes at home.

Last edited:

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    I carry 1911 .45, although I do carry more than one magazine, I have yet to be in a situation where I told myself "I wish my magazines held more rounds". Of course, if I'm near my car and I felt I needed more rounds and firepower, my handgun will be used to get to my rifle. The same goes at home.
    AntiFA mobbing might be a good reason to have 16 in the gun out the gate, THEN 15 more per regular mag, AND 30 more in a happy-stick...

You CLEARLY haven't seen enough videos of these zombie-mobs...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    AntiFA mobbing might be a good reason to have 16 in the gun out the gate, THEN 15 more per regular mag, AND 30 more in a happy-stick...

You CLEARLY haven't seen enough videos of these zombie-mobs...
    If I'm stupid enough to walk into an antifa mob alone, I deserve whatever happens. Otherwise, in that situation, I'm grabbing my vest and rifle.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Is there such a thing as too many 1911s?
    But the term 1911 has been blurred with all of the clones. So many manufacturers making a "1911" that are not actual real Model 1911 or 1911a1s, including Government Contract models made prior to 1946. Then there are actual Colt pre 1970 models of 1911 design. After 1946the contract expired and there were no more Government Contract models. After that every .45 acp pistols in Government service were arsenal reworks for military reissue. But when it comes to 1911s, I am an old purist and basically not very interested in other manufacturers ideas of a 1911. Not saying those are NOT fine pistols!

Top Bottom