Guns International

I'm looking for good reasons to own a 1911, what are they?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ToddnJoyce,

Thank you for that article. I knew of several of our TAC-P/Combat Controller heroes, the most famous probably being TSgt John Chapman, but I had not heard of TSgt Travis Crosby. Thank you for sharing!

A lot of filks make fun of the USAF, as we are not really a group of gunfighters. I admit I received poor firearms training while in uniform, and it wasn't until I sought training as a civilian at Gunsite that I really began my journey of gunfighting skills.

Nothing but admiration and respect for our USAF SOF folks, including SERE trainers, Combat Controllers, and ParaRescue Airmen. God Bless you all!

I was privileged to serve with a great collection of heroes in my last six years before retiring. I was luck in my timing in that Congress had several SOF champions willing to fund elite physical, mental, and tactical training resources to preserve these great Americans.
    Venture Surplus ad

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Not a fan of the 1911 as a shooter. I prefer to get my dose of classic grace and beauty from a nice revolver instead. That said its worth owning a 1911 for the history and aesthetics even if you dont like the way it shoots. Its a beautiful gun and it along with the AR, Garand and a few others are just so inherently American

But if Moonpie ever sells his Chrome 9mm Colt 1911, I will buy it. Its got more chrome than a mexican hoopty but it is one of the best shooting guns I have ever shot

There is only ONE caliber the 1911 should ever be chambered in, and it ain’t the Kraut-9!!!

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    the reliability of a Subaru.

1634477325691.png

That's probably about right. :D

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    You folk are aware of Fusion Firearms?

If a feller were to purchase a LONG SLIDE, supported Barrel & Frame from Fusion...they offer such a discount on the most EXCELLENT Small Parts....one could build one's 10mm for reasonable....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yes right after he finished telling him to make the 1903 in .32 Auto lol.
    If I remember from reading about John Moses Browning, he started working on what would become the 1911, along with other handguns, before 1900. He invented the slide (the biggest feature for a handgun of those days) which is used on many firearms today.

Now I can't say which he may have built first, he often worked on several designs at once, but the 1903 was made to be a concealed handgun, hence the name Pocket Hammerless. Certainly, at the time, I think a 1903 would have been better than a derringer, which was the major concealed handgun then.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    My fave pistols are the beefy wondernines: Beretta 92, CZ75, Sig P226, Browning Hi Power, etc. It took me a long time to try a Glock and 1911. Ultimately, I came to love them too. I am a little faster to embrace big trends now...as a gun nut I figure my fellow gun nuts know what is fun and useful and what is not. Althought I still wonder about rifle caliber pistols. No problem with a Ruger PCC...that thing is just fun.

Top Bottom