Guns International

I'm old enough to remember the Luby shootings.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxMongrel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    pontotoc tx
    I remember it well. I had a meeting in Ft Hood that day. I like Luby's and almost stopped there to eat. Went to Stagecoach Inn Salado instead. My Family and Work were freaking out by the time I got back to the office in Austin

Old_Inspector

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    I remember it fairly well. The shooter had two 9x19 mm pistols (a Glock 17 and a Ruger P85, I believe) and was a total fruitcake. Like most mass murders, I think he killed himself right after the police arrived. "Ma" Richards was Governor at the time and vetoed a referendum on bringing concealed carry to Texas in 1993. George W. Bush promised to sign concealed carry legislation and whomped her in the 1994 election. Susan Gratia-Hupp was elected to the Texas House in 1994 also and was powerfully eloquent in her passion for concealed carry and humiliated many an anti-gunner in those days, especially when they tried to talk down to her.

91B10

HATES: Politicians and Rust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    South Texas
    I was living in San Antonio and 20 years old, I purchased my first handgun at a SAXET gun show shortly after I turned 21 with that shooting in mind. It was a east block PPK knockoff in .380. Twenty odd handguns later... I now live 9 miles from Southerland Springs and because of that shooting, I now ignore most signs. There were a lot of pistols in pickup tucks in that parking lot, thank God for the AR across the street. We need less gun free zones in Texas, dont forget to vote!

91B10

HATES: Politicians and Rust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    South Texas
    Thank you! Happy to be here, I have been reading it for a while. Nice to find a place with like minded folks.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Although I was in Colorado at the time, it made national news. My question is: Anyone in here from Texas that was old enough to remember that horrible day?

Hill Billy,

I too remember it all too well.
    (I also knew one of the survivors.)

yours, satx

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member