im probably beating a dead horse on this one but......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kalvert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Am i legally able to keep my pistol in my vehicle loaded? Wont have to much longer getting my chl in sept. but i sometimes have to drive thru some rough parts of town and would feel a ton safer if i knew i had my little buddy next to me under the seat!
    Lynx Defense

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    In short, yes keep it concealed stay sober, don't plan or do anything that could lead to a felony, belong to any gangs or cross the US\Mexican border. This is assuming you can legally own a handgun.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    I don't like the idea of someone being able to steal my pistol. But I did carry it in the car until I got my CHL...so meh...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    gunsafes.jpg

poke81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Granbury/ Kabul
    It is my understanding that as long it is concealed in your wagon your good to go. I let my CHL go when it was time to renew using this as one of the factors, the other is I work overseas and not home that often. It does make it a bit more of a PITA when I am home and happen to get pulled over for speeding (you would be amazed :D). The question about a weapon always seems to come up and I always end up standing by the tailgate. I keep a 1911 in the truck at all times readily accessible, the jeep on the other hand I have a different approach to that.

I think since they defined travelling one of the key questions for LEO now is do you have a weapon in the vehicle.

Disclaimer**** I am not a lawyer and any advice given might not be worth a damn.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It is my understanding that as long it is concealed in your wagon your good to go. I let my CHL go when it was time to renew using this as one of the factors, the other is I work overseas and not home that often. It does make it a bit more of a PITA when I am home and happen to get pulled over for speeding (you would be amazed :D). The question about a weapon always seems to come up and I always end up standing by the tailgate. I keep a 1911 in the truck at all times readily accessible, the jeep on the other hand I have a different approach to that.

I think since they defined travelling one of the key questions for LEO now is do you have a weapon in the vehicle.

Disclaimer**** I am not a lawyer and any advice given might not be worth a damn.

Traveling has never been defined. For most law abiding citizens it is now perfectly lawful to carry a handgun in a vehicle regardless of the traveling status. ;)

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thats why I use Handcuffs to the frame of the seat. Most bad guys don't carrry handcuff keys when the are breaking into a car for the radio and some spare chain.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I assume most people don't run around with wire cutters...so even though that gauge ain't too thick, should do the job against a smash and grab.

I assumed the same thing, then a safe was stolen from my truck in the LA Fitness parking lot. They carried wire or bolt cutters and made quick work of it. Fortunately, it was empty at the time.

Top Bottom