Military Camp

I'm ready for school to start back up...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    At least it kept the kids busy enough around here where they're not causing too much trouble. I live in Sanford (a VERY small town up in the panhandle) and the other night at 1am I heard a car driving around, then heard what sounded like 5 shots from air rifle and glass breaking. As I go outside to check it out the car takes off and I see this on my Jeep (another one went into my radiator), 2 holes in the car's windshield across the street and while talking the Sheriff deputy that came out after I called them, he said a couple more vehicles in town had been hit as well. :mad:

Guns International

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    These kids are going to run into someone that shoots back, and it won't be an air rifle, and the media will claim travesty and ill-will.

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    Crazy damn kids.

Remember when we were them? I remember my parents saying the same thing. I thought they were nuts. Now, when I say things like that to my son...I can see the wheels turning. >> mom, you have no idea what it's like to be a kid. << Then I start thinking... >> if only you knew...<<

Nothing more beautiful that a fleet of school buses.

Classic quote!

Bodacious

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Amarillo
    While working at a gun shop in Amarillo I sold a few guns to people who bought them as a result of a vandalism streak in Borger last summer.

I bet that stuff happens around Sanford all the time being such a small town.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Back in the 60's -70's when I was a kid we caused trouble but never tore up anyone property; that's was taboo, you just didn't do it.
    I thinks many kids today lack good morals and ethic's because mommy and daddy just don't take time to teach them right and wrong.

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    :sign0101:

Sorry, hoytinak, to hijack your thread, but would you be willing to drive to Lubbock for a TGT event? Or maybe we could have it in Amarillo. I would be willing to come up there.

BTW, sorry about your windshield.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Bummer, Hoyt; sorry that happened to you.

In a somewhat related matter, I think you should have left the louvres and levers on the A/C vents...now that would have been straight pimp!

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Sorry, hoytinak, to hijack your thread, but would you be willing to drive to Lubbock for a TGT event? Or maybe we could have it in Amarillo. I would be willing to come up there.

Yall, wouldn't wanna do it up here, there's really not any good ranges around unless you shoot at the private outdoor clubs. (although, the city did open up a new range for the city police that they let civilians shoot at on certain days...I haven't been there yet though) I might be able to head down to Lubbock, just depends if I'm working or not. I drive down there once a month for NG drill as it is, it's a 3 hour drive.

Bear8u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    San Angelo
    #8 birdshot works well too, not to much risk of hurting someone at a distance but will take the paint off a car. Makes it easy to ID who did the driving.

Amarillo's police range is nice, very clean and tightly run but sorta bland. Been there often to check scope sighting while hunting the panhandle. Slaton has one of the best ranges for fun, I think it's called Rustic Range. They have benches and targets, silhouettes (both pistol and rifle), and they also offer a skeet area.

Top Bottom