• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The foolishness of the entire program is coming clear. The Feds FORCE you to participate in SS, take your money to fund the program for 50 years then, when you get old and apply for the benefits, they make noises like you're a deadbeat and on the public dole. Then, if you are industrious and have earned an additional retirement, They sack your SS benefits with the "Windfall" provisions.

That shxt won't fly.

Flash
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    If you need disability then you should take it. If you don't need it, leave it for the people that do.
    I am pissed that SS moved my retirement age to 67. I probably will not live long enough to see any of it. I would rather see an option of taking at 60 for X number of years and then be cutoff. This is the first generation that is not living as long as the previous one, and getting any of the benefits will be challenging.
    I will bet that Chicago will get way more of their "fair share".

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Gov is stealing my money and using it to strip me of my freedoms, destroy my country, and buy votes so that it can continue to do so until there is nothing left.
    The only solution is to stop being a wage earner, provide goods and services yourself, accept payment only in bitcoin or gold/silver or cash, and don't report your income.

Economic secession...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The only solution is to stop being a wage earner, provide goods and services yourself, accept payment only in bitcoin or gold/silver or cash, and don't report your income.

Economic secession...

I've been thinking about it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That sounds like a sure way to get the IRS swat team knocking on your door.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

Still, it's nice to think if millions decided to "economically secede" at the same time.

Of course there would be immediate wage garnishment and frozen bank accounts.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I can predict OP on Fox News in a few weeks.... Kill Dozer Part 2

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

Economic secession...

I've been thinking about it.

Met a customer at work who did this. He fishes for food and money, and stocked up on gold a long time ago.

The only thing I disagreed with him about was when he told me that when the IRS catches on and shows up he will shoot the first agent who breaks down his door in the face with a "sawed off 12 gauge" and then get killed in a hail of gunfire.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I paid into Social Security for 50 years and had my account fully vested. it takes 40 quarters to vest SS and I had plenty more than that. I became a teacher late in life and worked 22 years with 15 in Texas. At the 5 year mark, when I vested that little Texas Teacher Retirement, they immediately CUT my Social Security potential benefit by using a provision called the "WINDFALL PROVISION". Even though I earned every damned penny of that SS benefit many years before, they took it away!

The Windfall Pension provisiom has changed, but when I first got an estimate of my benefits, it took 48% of my SS benefit away! How's that for getting screwed? Pension Offset has been reduced. I think they finally got about 25% of the SS benefit.

Remember, that was money that I paid into for 50 years, vested fully, then they took that benefit away when I vested at 5 years in Texas Teacher Retirement. The retirement benefit for 5 years in TRS was a couple of hundred bucks/month. Pension Offset took away more than that! Remember, that was only paper money. I hadn't filed for SS benefits at that time.

You just THINK that you're being f'ed now. Wait until you actually sign up for the programs and get reamed out by the very program that you supported with a 1/2 century of payments. Our lawmakers have a cushy ride on the Federal employee retirement while they screw people like me who have paid and paid and paid! At the end of the journey, they say "Sorry.....you're f'ed!"

I am drawing my little SS benefit check. The Feds chewed a huge hole in my 100% fully vested and paid for benefit. I'm going to draw that little benefit and not one of the SOB's who try to trash me for doing that will get by with it. That is MY money. I earned it, paid into it and deserve that little benefit. Anyone who thinks differently can F off!

Flash

Exact same thing happened to me. I've been working since I was 15, in school and out. School teacher and admin. total of 29 yrs. and a full 15 in construction, working for tha' man and working for myself. Retired with TRS, went to the SS office and obviously they didn't think I needed all of my SS benefits so it damn near disappeared. All I can say without getting banned!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am harping on paying into the SS system for decades but that doesn't begin to explain what was done with our money. I am a 1946 vintage and one of the oldest post war "Baby Boomers." People like me paid into the system for decades from our wages while relatively few workers were actually retiring. Those payments were a glut in the system as millions of us paid into it while the payouts were minimal.

Now, Boomers are beginning to retire and we hear that our sheer numbers are crashing the system. SS is crashing because the Boomers are retiring. BULL CRAP! What happened to that glut of payments into SS? Had those excess payments been deposited or invested, the system would be fine. Where the Hell is that money? Who stole it or applied it to run our numerous wars?

Let's examine some numbers............

I'll pick a number..50 million Baby Boomers pay into the SS system during a time when only 10 million workers retire. The surplus money is banked or invested. Later, the 40 million Boomer survivors live to retire for we'll say 10-20 years. Tell me how that bankrupts the SS system unless major thefts have taken place? That surplus money, invested and compounded for 50 years would carry the SS system easily. Where the Hell is that money? Why are Baby Boomers being blamed for crashing the SS system?

Flash

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Its nothing but another BS tax. The SS program is a bad idea and needs to go away. Phase it out and pay out those who have payed in, sure, but we ought to work towards ending the program.

Top Bottom