APOD Firearms

I'm very pro-police...but this looks over the top to me !

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    What I gathered from the video. Women can ruin your life with just one phone call with or without evidence.
    They don't even need a phone call. Just a good divorce attorney!
    Those are both very true.
    No one knows shit, I don’t see how anyone can begin to speculate about a short clip and some text. We don’t know what really happened, don’t let media get you.
    You are right. We don't know the whole story. And so far, none of the news is saying if they, or the police, have any more of a story.
    What we do know?
    The wife made a claim.
    Police ask him to come out, and he does.
    Police tackle him without any further investigation and take him into custody.
    Sorry, but that ain't right. Not from the video or what has been released so far.
    Any law that makes that the right way to do things is wrong.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    A drunk suicidal man, supposedly, a beat up wife, apparently, and no one got shot when you called the cops to handle a MH situation they arent equipped to properly handle.

I call it a win. Stfu till you get more info or go do the job.

Damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Those are both very true.You are right. We don't know the whole story. And so far, none of the news is saying if they, or the police, have any more of a story.
    What we do know?
    The wife made a claim.
    Police ask him to come out, and he does.
    Police tackle him without any further investigation and take him into custody.
    Sorry, but that ain't right. Not from the video or what has been released so far.
    Any law that makes that the right way to do things is wrong.

Unless I misunderstood, I think this wasn't the first time they had been called to that residence.

I have to agree. We are basing opinions on one video, and an article, which may or may not be telling the entire story, or doesn't itself have all the details and facts yet.

But, until I see differently, I'll stand by my opinion, it's still a good day when every one stays alive and no one got shot.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    With all the hatred, and all the calls for defunding the cops, and all the attacks on cops, until I see something drastic that changes my mind, currently, I'm going to give these officers the benefit of the doubt, just based upon what I saw and have read so far.

Innocent until proven guilty. I also believe, that even if they acted as they did, and it turns out they acted on bad information from the wife, they still acted as they did in good faith. It happens. Cops are human, and make mistakes just like anyone else.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yup. All we have is the video. And that is what I commented on.
    So far, all the evidence is strictly what the wife said. Well for all you folks that think the poor, sweet, demur and apparently nice looking wife won't lie.....well, I have an ex-wife that proves you wrong. Trust me, when they want to, some of them can make Hollywood look like amateurs.
    If there was a history. Different story. I haven't seen that story yet.
    Strictly off the video? I'll stand by my first assessment.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Hey the first thing I thought when I saw this last night was how big Parscale is. That dude is a big guy. Or the cop that took him down was a midget.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Hey the first thing I thought when I saw this last night was how big Parscale is. That dude is a big guy. Or the cop that took him down was a midget.
    It's reported that he is 6'8". It may appear that the cop took him down to the casual observer but actually it was the diminutive li'l female in the video that initiated the take down. Cops made an ass load of "assumptions". Why let li'l o'l facts get in the way of a good take down?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Guy was obviously not armed. He was calm and rational.

Gal could easily have been lying, would not be the first time.

LEO's should have shown more restraint in this situation.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    It is entirely possible the wife is lying. But even IF she is, (and she clearly had bruises and marks on her face from a previous encounter with her husband.) what other information would the officers have to know how to deal with the situation?

IMO, all that they can operate from is what information they are provided.

And if a man is armed, and possibly a danger to himself, why couldn't he be as much a danger to those officers? A person willing to commit suicide, may not be hesitant in taking other people with them.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Gee, why not ask him to put his hands on top of his head or turn away and put his hands behind his back ? He seemed to willingly do what police had asked up until this point and did not fight them when they took him down. Or like maybe ask him to put his hands on the truck and spread his legs....like I've seen them do hundreds of other people being arrested.

This will really work well in the future in Seattle, Portland and Minnesota when they send social workers out to deal with domestic disturbance calls.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Gee, why not ask him to put his hands on top of his head or turn away and put his hands behind his back ? He seemed to willingly do what police had asked up until this point and did not fight them when they took him down. Or like maybe ask him to put his hands on the truck and spread his legs....like I've seen them do hundreds of other people being arrested.

This will really work well in the future in Seattle, Portland and Minnesota when they send social workers out to deal with domestic disturbance calls.

Please explain how you would have handled that domestic disturbance call, with a report of a weapon, or weapons being involved?

Top Bottom