Hurley's Gold

..I'm very proud of my 9 years of Service..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I have been following this and was looking forward to the results to see what the real story was.

Yea he walked, paid a $20k fine and MIGHT retire as only a COL and not a GENERAL...MAYBE!

Now this tells me a lot.

The affair lasted 3 years and they Cpt knew he was married and had kids but she entered into of her own free will and stayed for a long time. Yea I think it fell apart at the end and he did not like it. But I have seen this before in the military. This gal (IMO) benefited greatly from this. A GO can pick up the fone and have her assigned or reassigned, new job, get her promoted early and see to it her career gets a needed boost I have seen it many times. Lot more of this goes on than one can imagine.

FACT the military is becoming more and more like corp America, that all, no more, no less. The once great military, Army you knew is going away. I retired in '94 and I barely know it. Give it a few years and watch the love triangles with gays, lesbians and tranny's begin to play out.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    The defense also produced gushy, lovey-dovey e-mails between the two from AFTER the date(s) she claimed that he raped/assaulted/whatever her.

The obviously (to me) false sexual assault accusations aside, he 's walking on something that the average enlisted guy would go to jail for.

The worst part, to me, is that I have no doubt that he spent a career hammering Soldiers for doing the same thing that he himself got caught doing (David Petraeus, Eliot Spitzer). For that alone he should do hard time.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I think it was a BS argument by the defense that taking away his pension would hurt his family more than him. I know military wives have a lot 'invested' in their husbands, but the punishment should be directed at that lone person responsible, not convoluted with concerns about the family. Hence, a single person should not be punished for being single.

I guess now she can file for divorce and take 1/2 of whatever pension he will end up with.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    and, on top of this farce, I've read where the Academy midshipman also skated from the rape case

disgraceful !

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I think it was a BS argument by the defense that taking away his pension would hurt his family more than him. I know military wives have a lot 'invested' in their husbands, but the punishment should be directed at that lone person responsible, not convoluted with concerns about the family. Hence, a single person should not be punished for being single.

I guess now she can file for divorce and take 1/2 of whatever pension he will end up with.

One of the Lackland TIs plead for mercy from the judge, stating he has kids who need him. The judge essentially told him, "You should have thought about your kids before you committed rape."

It sucks; I absolutely hate knowing someone's family is going to get punished right along with the perpetrator- but that is true for all criminals who have families. Having a family can't excuse you from severe punishment. Otherwise, people would use it as an excuse to do whatever they want the same way teenagers know they're golden until they turn 18. If you think the ghetto population is bad now....

Top Bottom