• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    All you "free market" fans...I'll remember this when gas hits 4 bucks or more a gallon again.
    Lets see then how we all feel about gouging and how its all a plan of the evil ol' oil execs or whatever. they'll be threads and threads on how "wrong" it is and so on...
    ...you can ride a bike and leave your F-250 4x4 at home...you know!

Got a news flash for ya, scooter - I was driving an F250 last year - that's why I now drive an F150. Rather than sit around and whine, I adapted to things the best I could and moved on.

Wanna try another analogy?
    Capitol Armory ad

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Got a news flash for ya, scooter - I was driving an F250 last year - that's why I now drive an F150. Rather than sit around and whine, I adapted to things the best I could and moved on.

Wanna try another analogy?

And I bought a Nissan Frontier to use for commuting instead of my H2. Adjust and adapt.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I bought a 5 yr old KIA RIO that gets 30 miles/gal, but I still managed to keep my Z71. Of course I only drive it (truck) on the weekends.;)

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I hear ya...

I kept the wifes old 91 Volvo 4 banger and that is my commuter car and the 4x4 Tundra is for weekends only.

You have to admit though that there are TONS of people that own 3/4 ton trucks, never haul anything and whine like mad when gas gets above 3 bucks a gallon...as if theres nothing they can do. Often, they blame big oil for THEIR problem.

The ammo problem? I bought a box or two every month many years ago and have tons of 45, 40 and 9mm in my closet. It DOES bother me that its hard to continue that habit as of lately.

- brickboy240

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    reloading is the way to go .... in an hour you can crank out a couple of hundred pistol rounds , I like to think of reloading as being the "green " way of shooting reusing brass cases casting my own bullets from scrap lead (ok firing lead back in to the atmosphere isn't supposed to be cool )

ThePsychologist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Rocky Point , Texas
    Do people (criminals) just drive to Mexico and buy cheap ammo like some people do for firecrackers and prescription drugs? Apparently there's no problem getting guns or drugs across our border so why not ammo?How much does 1000 rounds of 5.56 cost in Mexico? I personally would never violate a law just to buy ammo.Yes I know guns are "illegal" in Mexico but every person I know in Mexico has more guns than me and on Cinco De Mayo they shoot millions of rounds in to the air and that ammo had to be cheap.Interestingly,the gunfire in Mexico sounds to be from fully automatic weapons.I believe Mexico has all of the 9mm , 7.62 and .223 ammo we need.The reason that ammunition is not smuggled in to the USA is because it is just too damn heavy.Marihuana weighs 78.3% less than bullets.I would not buy smuggled ammo nor would I buy their Cuban cigars.They may have Swine Flu.

SAND_MAN1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Do people (criminals) just drive to Mexico and buy cheap ammo like some people do for firecrackers and prescription drugs? Apparently there's no problem getting guns or drugs across our border so why not ammo?How much does 1000 rounds of 5.56 cost in Mexico? I personally would never violate a law just to buy ammo.Yes I know guns are "illegal" in Mexico but every person I know in Mexico has more guns than me and on Cinco De Mayo they shoot millions of rounds in to the air and that ammo had to be cheap.Interestingly,the gunfire in Mexico sounds to be from fully automatic weapons.I believe Mexico has all of the 9mm , 7.62 and .223 ammo we need.The reason that ammunition is not smuggled in to the USA is because it is just too damn heavy.Marihuana weighs 78.3% less than bullets.I would not buy smuggled ammo nor would I buy their Cuban cigars.They may have Swine Flu.

Not sure ammo is just sold over the counter there, I've never seen it and I've been to Mexico plenty of times. I'm sure the criminals just get it the same way they get the majority of their guns, on the black market.

Mr.KoOoL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    The walmart in garland just stock .40 cal S&W Winchester. 100 rounds for $27 and there's about 100 boxes available. Get them while it's HOT!

5302 No. Garland Ave.
    Garland, TX 75044
    (972) 496-2711

texashek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    spring TX
    from what I keep reading it seems the only way to buy ammo is online through a site or through gunbroker. granted you will pay a premium but when you add up the time and gas associated with wasted trips you will probably come out ahead. I don't have time to randomly drop in Academy or Wal Mart in hopes of getting lucky

I realize I am quoting myself but I ordered 100 rounds of Remington UMC (230 GR MC L45AP4) ammo (the day I posted above 4/21) from Bass Pro Shops for 21.99 a box and FedEx just brought it to my door.....:) (for my as of yet non existent 45 gun :-( ). roughly two week wait

blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    picked up a few boxes of .40 s&w at Walmart inHouston. Wish I could have bought more. Saw some 9mm at Academy and was happy to see a sign that said that academy reserves the right to limit quantities to gun shops.

Bought some monarch .223 for about 7 bucks a box. not the greatest stuff, but it's better to have lots of cheap ammo than no quality ammo.

Having trouble finding any .38 special or .357 mag though.

Top Bottom