• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Aggravating....I called my closest Walmart yesterday and the kid told me they had nothing but .22 on the shelf. He than tells me they are expecting a shipment of Winchester and BlazerBrass in 40cal overnight, but wouldn't be ready till 7am. So I make special arrangements to be there at 6am to wait. When I get to the counter, There is already like 4 boxes of BlazerBrass 9mm, and 7 Boxes of WWB 40cal. The idiot yesterday, obviously hadn't even looked. I wait (along with another guy who got there after me) for someone to help, and to stock the shelf, hoping to buy 10 boxes of the BlazerBrass 40cal at 13.97 a box. The head of the department shows up and says there is no delivery of the BlazerBrass 40. So the guy behind me says "I will buy all the 9mm AND the WWB 40cal." So the guy starts gathering up everything for HIM, I got ticked (even though I already was at the mis-information) And told the employee, NO, I will take the WWB since there was no BlazerBrass at the 13.97 price, than I made them sell me the 16.97 WWB at the cheaper price of 13.97. WHAT an aggrivating morning, just to buy some ammo...

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    And told the employee, NO, I will take the WWB since there was no BlazerBrass at the 13.97 price, than I made them sell me the 16.97 WWB at the cheaper price of 13.97. WHAT an aggrivating morning, just to buy some ammo...

Good for you, SKIP. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself. The other guy must have known you were there first, but was rude enough to try to get past you in line. I hate that. At least you DID get some ammo, even though you had to put up with some aggravation.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    There's a gun show in Boise Idaho Saturday & Sunday April 11-12th, so I'm going this Saturday to see what's there. Hopefully find something to buy. I haven't had a new gun in a while so I'm getting anxious to get a new one. Oh, crap that means buying more ammo which is gonna be a problem, like most places all I can find on the shelves is a few boxes of .17hrm, and .22LR.

ironmike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    New Member needs Help!!

I'm new to this site, I'm located in Fisher Co., TX. I have a the reloading equipment and was able to recently buy bullets from Berry's Berry's Manufacturing, and powder from Powder Valley Powder Valley, Inc., but can not find any primers!! Does any one know where there are any large pistol and small pistol primers?:banghead:

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i ordered 9mm and .38 SP ammo from ammunitiontogo.com last sunday
    i received my order yesterday--only took 4 days!!
    i don't know if this is the exception or the rule
    they are located in Brenhem Texas, i live in Arlington Texas
    prices were seem fair

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    iornmike asked:

Does any one know where there are any large pistol and small pistol primers.

----------------------------

I have a suspicion that some of the ammo shortages are due to lack of primers.
    Georgia Arms is back ordered on just about everything popular, stating "lack of components" and since bullets and powder seem available, seems like it comes down to primers. I'm now starting to wonder if this is one of those "created" shortages, designed to drive prices up.

BrazosCoTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Brazos County, TX
    The days of stopping to buy ammo on the way to the range...

... are over.

I have visited Walmarts and Academy stores in both Bryan/College Station and Austin this month and came away with nada. Finally came to the realization that the only way to insure that I have ammo is to order it and have it delivered. Called Cabelas, ordered 500 rds each of 9mm and .45 ACP. It will be here in May. Also visited another company's website, and got on their list for another 500 rds of .45 ACP. They will e-mail me when they have it in stock. Eventually, i will have ammo, but am having to spend money in quantities I never did before.

Without intending to, the hoarders are choking the life out of the pro-2A movement. The new "recruits" enlisted over the past 3-4 months (first time gun buyers) will lose interest if they cannot get ammo to shoot. The ranges will see their business drop, and some will shut their doors for good. All because a small percentage of our 2A "brothers" can sit on a mountain of ammo.

None of us want more regulation in the gun/ammo business, but if this keeps up, there will be limits on ammo purchases. We can all thank the hoarders for making it possible. The only silver lining to that cloud will be that the working stiff who can't camp out at Walmart gun counter at odd hours waiting for the shipment to arrive will finally be able to buy some ammo.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They're not over - not in the long run. Call 'em hoarders if you want - the ones buying to "stash" - it's their call. The ones that DO tick me off are the ones buying 'em to RESELL. They do it around here on a regular basis. I've got thousands of primers on order, along with quite a bit of powder and projectiles. I tend to shoot pretty regularly, and my sons do as well. They don't always have the time to get supplies, so I try to keep extra on hand.
    IMO, if someone wants to stash 10k rounds, it's their call.....

stockFD3S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    They're not over - not in the long run. Call 'em hoarders if you want - the ones buying to "stash" - it's their call. The ones that DO tick me off are the ones buying 'em to RESELL. They do it around here on a regular basis. I've got thousands of primers on order, along with quite a bit of powder and projectiles. I tend to shoot pretty regularly, and my sons do as well. They don't always have the time to get supplies, so I try to keep extra on hand.
    IMO, if someone wants to stash 10k rounds, it's their call.....

10k rounds of each caliber or total?

SAND_MAN1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I haven't had to much of a problem finding 9mm, there are 3-4 locations I hit up regularly and usually 1 of them will have it. I'm slowly building up how much I have. I don't have alot of money so I'm only buying like 2-4 boxes at a time.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    the walmart I go to in Mansfield had handgun ammo last weekend....AND they are limiting 2 boxes per customer. (per caliber)

SAND_MAN1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Fort Worth
    the walmart I go to in Mansfield had handgun ammo last weekend....AND they are limiting 2 boxes per customer. (per caliber)

I went to the one in south Fort Worth on Hulen, the guy in front of me bought all the .40 s&w boxes they had. They were still in the case they deliver them in. They came in 1 round boxes and 5 boxes per case. He got the 2 cases they had and a case of .45acp.

They had several boxes of blazer brass 9mm. I only bought 2 boxes though. When I get paid next week might try and pick up a few more.

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    I haven't had to much of a problem finding 9mm, there are 3-4 locations I hit up regularly and usually 1 of them will have it. I'm slowly building up how much I have. I don't have alot of money so I'm only buying like 2-4 boxes at a time.

Same here. the trick is to be consistent at checking stores supplies. Me and my g/f are fairly new handgun owners (but have had rifles for years) and in the last 3-6 weeks have stocked up to 450 rounds of 9mm and .45 and about 2500 rounds of 22lr and 200 rounds of .223 We dont hoard but we tend to buy 2-4 boxes of each when we see it.
    Hell my next purchase is going to be an AR and all stores around here seem to have gotten huge shipments of 5.56 and .223. So Ive been buying 3-5 boxes when i see it. I figure by the time i buy my AR ill have a good 1000 rounds or more stored up.
    Like i said you need to check everyday. It may take a couple weeks until you run across what you need but one day you will hit the jackpot and it will be worth it lol.

Top Bottom