• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I was looking for some .380 ammo to try out my new kel tec 3AT and guess what. . . . I can't find anything resembling a .380 auto ant wal mart, Academy, and Bass Pro. (the only thing there was .40, 10mm, and 45 GAP.)

I tried five days later, and same result.

When is this ammo craze gonna be over?!!

I couldn't find fmj or any of the expensive stuff.

I could order, but most of the sites I usually order stuff from are backordered and shipping is a pain.

Any ideas? In San Antonio.
    Texas SOT

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I have not figured out if the ammo shortage is being caused by all the new gun owners buying ammo to shoot or if it's people just stocking up.

I'm away on business and decided to hit the range. I stopped in Shreveport, no ammo. So, when I hit Monroe....I detoured at the Academy. They wanted $43 for a WWB 230gr 100 round value pack. It took the guy 30 minutes to get Walmart to do a price check so he could price match them. I was only going to get 200 rounds for my shooting session, but picked up 500 because I had to wait so long.....that, at least, made the wait worthwhile.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The Spring Carters Country has ammo cause its a range. They are sure proud of their ammo too.
    Try stopping in wallyworld in the mornings before I buy it all up.

cbunt1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Houston Area
    Thunder Gun Range in Conroe was running some pretty good specials on 1000-round cases...I wanna say $230 or so for .45 ACP if my memory serves....

I've found Carter's Country to be pretty competitive on practice ammo....although you can do better on personal protection ammo.

And it's hard to find reloading equipment locally right now too...at least I can't seem to lay my hands on pistol dies (just wanting to get started)....

I'm sure in time this will end, and we can get our ammo again...

Mr.KoOoL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    I have the same problem here in Dallas. I went to 3 walmarts around my city and they are out of those ammos. I just purchased 500 rounds for $115 at the last Gun Show. Look like Gun Show is the only place for me to get ammo now.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    WalMart on Fry rd., Katy had 100 round boxes of Winchester 380 yesterday at a little over thirty bucks a box. I don't know about today.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    At the Walmart in Cedar Park, they had tons of .380 when I dropped in last week ... but no .45, which is what I was looking for ... did get 50 9mm and 50 .38, but the shelves were pretty bare and the clerk, who sadly appeared to have the IQ of a turnip, said he didn't have any idea when they'd be getting more in ... somebody on another forum said walmart has a new automated ordering system which is not working well and can't be overridden, so some stores are getting a million rolls of toilet paper and no socks ... or ammo ... but I'm sure that the trend toward stocking up in advance of whatever Obama's got in mind for us contributes to the problem ...

alfa 556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Dallas
    Ive had the same luck in the Dallas area for handgun ammo, I finally ordererd from www.ammotogo.com; I got a couple thousand rounds in 5 days. If you can afford to buy it in bulk the its the way to go, the Fed-Ex charges were around $40, that covers time and gas.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    best thing you can do is call around....I did this a few weeks ago and found that they would actually hold it for you if you got there quick enough

byronw999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Grand Prairie, Texas USA!
    Makes me glad I roll my own! I really think its hoarders grabbing it all... I sold a Ruger 89 to a lawyer about a month ago.. He and his brother were buying everything they could find to stockpile... He bragged that they cleaned out 1 wally world buying $2500 worth of ammo cause it was cheaper than CTD..

If ya shoot a lot you can save quite a bit rolling yer own... I reload a box of 9mm or .357 for about $5-6 a box.. Takes about 10 minutes on my Hornady press..

rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    in my search for Wallyworld WWB 9MM & 45ACP --I've run across a couple with 380 on hand ---only 9's and 45' seem to be if you happen to get there just after a shipment arrives

I'm in the Round Rock, Temple, Killeen, Waco area in my work

Ronnie

coairBruce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    The other day the clerk at WallyWorld told me they've sold a full year's worth of inventory in the two months since the election. Ammo is just very scarce on the market these days.

dadoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Check Academy

I made a trip to the Wallyworlds in the Mesquite area and found no 9mm, no .40 and no .45 ammo. I had my son check the store in Euless that he works at, and they had nothing.
    I went to Academy in Mesquite and their shelves were totally full of every kind of ammo. Prices have risen by a few bucks per box, but they had plenty. In addition, I was at the Mesquite gun show this past weekend and got Magtech 230 gr. .45 for 16 per box of 50. Bought three of them.

Top Bottom