• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    There may be something here that we need to be concerned about in regards to the temporary suspension of deportation and allowing these persons to stay based off of our own U.S. History.

Ever hear of the following, “Taxation without Representation” or “Three-Fifths Compromise.” How can we tax a group of individuals without representation? How can the states that have large populations of these “half-citizens created by the current administration” ensure that the states are fairly represented based off of the increase of their population at the Federal level? Not only representation but receiving of Federal Funding for the increase of this tax burden at the state and local level?

Ever hear of the Dred Scott v. Sanford decision by the Supreme Court?

We can even go further and look at what were called the Civil War Amendments which are the Thirteenth, Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution.

Look further into the “Civil Rights Act of 1866.” The President has literally opened “Pandora’s Box” and his legacy may be something far greater and reaching than anyone has thought........

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Ever hear of the following, “Taxation without Representation” or “Three-Fifths Compromise.” How can we tax a group of individuals without representation? How can the states that have large populations of these “half-citizens created by the current administration” ensure that the states are fairly represented based off of the increase of their population at the Federal level? Not only representation but receiving of Federal Funding for the increase of this tax burden at the state and local level?
    Among other things, this is why TX (Abbott) is suing the FG and why AZ (Brewer) may join the suit.Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer: Amnesty Costs 'Horrendous' for States

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You tax people equally through consumption based taxes. Then everyone, legal or not, is contributing to the services the state offers.

We need to abolish property and income taxes.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    You tax people equally through consumption based taxes. Then everyone, legal or not, is contributing to the services the state offers.

We need to abolish property and income taxes.

101% concur and it will NEVER happen!

Ha!

With regard to property taxes, politicians have managed to conveniently side step, and negate, the tax payer's ability to hold their feet to the fire by voting them out of office for increasing property taxes by increasing the actual "tax rate".

Instead, a quasi governmental entity (the property appraisal districts) effetively determines the amount of your property taxes by an often arbitrary and questionable "appraised value", historically boosting the value of the tax base, all the while being unaccountable to the tax payer, who is thrown a feeble bone by being granted the ability to protest ... but only to a point.

Around 1984 I filed suit against Harris County Appraisal District, and also naming all the taxing authorities/districts in Harris County. The argument was, in part, that the current system, based on the above, and an arguably imprecise "appraised value", was indeed, and in effect, "taxation without representation" - due to the fact that the property owner no longer had recourse to hold his elected representatives accountable, at the polls, for his property tax bill.

The system also arguably results in a State wide, regional inequity in cost for the same basic government provided services and benefits, paid for by the property owner's taxes.

I was forced to drop the suit after two years, not due to legal merit, but due to a tag team collusion between the defendents attorneys who took turns requesting continuances, always granted by the court. It thereby becoming apparent the suit would not be heard without considerably deeper pockets than I had.

What I find ironic are the years the likes of Dan Patrick spent on the radio campaigning for office by railing against Texas "property taxes", and with what results?

What the hell, at least some of us have attempted to put our money where our mouth is, as foolish an endeavor as that is/was under our legal system.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    President Eisenhower, confronted with an invasion of illegal aliens from Mexico, determined it to be a national security problem.

He took several immediate steps to combat the invasion:

1. He fired the chief of Immigration.

2. He hired a trusted retired Army General to head up the department.

3. He had all the local immigration officials on the USA-Mexico border reassigned.

4. He gave the effort a Campaign Name: "Operation Wetback".

5. His immigration officers were told to crack down on employers of illegals, and to deport every illegal found at a job site.

6. After only 300 thousand illegals were deported, the remaining two or three million illegals left the country voluntarily.

7. The illegals were deported on ships staged out of Houston, and on trains bound for Mexico. No need for expensive air fares.

8. The illegals were not taken a few kilometers over the border, but deep into Mexico's interior.

History records no instance of inhuman conduct in that massive sweep.

Let us remember the better parts of our history progressives would otherwise pretend to ignore.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    LOL, REALLY who gave you that stupid piece of info, all it takes in Texas is a govt issued ID card and we are one of the TOUGHT states, many others require NOTHING other than filling out a piece of paper there and then voting. This is Obma's and Holders America, ANYONE CAN VOTE ANYTIME and as OFTEN as they want!

My wife is a legal immigrant and when she got her first DL the woman at the DMV insisted that she register to vote even though we kept telling her that she was not a citizen.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Everyone one is worried about keeping these persons who are ineligible to vote from voting. This is why many states have taken up voter identification laws. This Executive Order will basically negate voter identification laws by providing acceptable forms of identification.

[FONT=&amp]Driver Licenses and ID Cards for Temporary Visitors TxDPS - Driver Licenses and ID Cards for Temporary Visitors[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Note: There have been some challenges in providing persons who are not U.S. citizens’ licenses that are different than residents. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Texas' "Limited Term" Driver's Licenses Draw Concerns https://www.texastribune.org/2012/02/07/limited-term-drivers-licenses-stirring-controversy/[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Unlawfully Present Aliens, Driver’s Licenses, and Other State-Issued ID: Select Legal Issues http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43452.pdf[/FONT]

We need to look at how this will affect other aspects of our society as well. A lot of people use a Texas driver's license to see if a person is a Texas resident when it comes to selling a firearm. It will make lawful sale of firearms between private individuals even more challenging. It could provide fodder for the anti-Second Amendment crowd to justify the use of some other type of identification for the sale, transfer or possession of firearms. Think that this is not possible look at State of Illinois, Firearm Owner Identification (FOID) card. FOID Card Application

Perhaps it may make persons call for some form of National Identification Card to identify U.S. citizens.

After all how do we truly know who a U.S. citizen is………..

Last edited:

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Everyone one is worried about keeping these persons who are ineligible to vote from voting. This is why so many states have taken up voter identification laws. This Executive Order will basically negate voter identification laws by providing acceptable forms of identification.

[FONT=&amp]Driver Licenses and ID Cards for Temporary Visitors TxDPS - Driver Licenses and ID Cards for Temporary Visitors[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Note: There have been some challenges in providing persons who are not U.S. citizens’ licenses that are different than residents. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Texas' "Limited Term" Driver's Licenses Draw Concerns https://www.texastribune.org/2012/02/07/limited-term-drivers-licenses-stirring-controversy/[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Unlawfully Present Aliens, Driver’s Licenses, and Other State-Issued ID: Select Legal Issues http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43452.pdf[/FONT]

We need to look at how this will affect other aspects of our society as well. A lot of people use a Texas driver's license to see if a person is a Texas resident when it comes to selling a firearm. It will make lawful sales of firearms between private individuals even more challenging. It could provide fodder for the anti-Second Amendment crowd to justify the use some other type of identification for the sale, transfer or possession of firearms. Think that this is not possible look at State of Illinois, Firearm Owner Identification (FOID) card. FOID Card Application

Perhaps it may make persons call for some form of National Identification Card to identify U.S. citizens.

After all how do we truly know who a U.S. citizen is………..

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Everyone one is worried about keeping these persons who are ineligible to vote from voting. This is why so many states have taken up voter identification laws. This Executive Order will basically negate voter identification laws by providing acceptable forms of identification.

Well if they can make the under 21 drivers license look different, why not make the non-citizen one look different as well so it doesn't work at the polls?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ha!

With regard to property taxes, politicians have managed to conveniently side step, and negate, the tax payer's ability to hold their feet to the fire by voting them out of office for increasing property taxes by increasing the actual "tax rate".

Instead, a quasi governmental entity (the property appraisal districts) effetively determines the amount of your property taxes by an often arbitrary and questionable "appraised value", historically boosting the value of the tax base, all the while being unaccountable to the tax payer, who is thrown a feeble bone by being granted the ability to protest ... but only to a point.

Around 1984 I filed suit against Harris County Appraisal District, and also naming all the taxing authorities/districts in Harris County. The argument was, in part, that the current system, based on the above, and an arguably imprecise "appraised value", was indeed, and in effect, "taxation without representation" - due to the fact that the property owner no longer had recourse to hold his elected representatives accountable, at the polls, for his property tax bill.

The system also arguably results in a State wide, regional inequity in cost for the same basic government provided services and benefits, paid for by the property owner's taxes.

I was forced to drop the suit after two years, not due to legal merit, but due to a tag team collusion between the defendents attorneys who took turns requesting continuances, always granted by the court. It thereby becoming apparent the suit would not be heard without considerably deeper pockets than I had.

What I find ironic are the years the likes of Dan Patrick spent on the radio campaigning for office by railing against Texas "property taxes", and with what results?

What the hell, at least some of us have attempted to put our money where our mouth is, as foolish an endeavor as that is/was under our legal system.
    I forgot where I was living at the time but I got a tax bill on my home and there is no way my house would ever sell for that amount of money in the foreseeable future. When I questioned the logic it led nowhere, then I told them I would be out of the house in 24 hrs or less and give it to the county/city for appraised value. Of course that would never happen, but it was my last comment on a losing argument....

I say go to a straight sales tax and drop ALL OTHER TAXES then and ONLY then will the American people know how much of their money goes to taxes at the city, county, state and federal level...and that is when folks will get voted out of office. Our real tax rate is around 50%...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I say go to a straight sales tax and drop ALL OTHER TAXES then and ONLY then will the American people know how much of their money goes to taxes at the city, county, state and federal level...and that is when folks will get voted out of office. Our real tax rate is around 50%...
    I agree. Consumption taxes are the only moral way to tax. Everything else is theft.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I agree. Consumption taxes are the only moral way to tax. Everything else is theft.
    Its the only tax system where you the tax payer have control over the amount of taxes you pay....do I buy a Rolex or a Timex, Marsaydees or a Ford. Now you are in the drivers seat...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom