Capitol Armory ad

Improper 51%, what are our legal options?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeyJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    Except this sounds like an outdoor event, and 51% only applies to premises (inside or part of a building).

I agree that the 46.035 is poorly written. Based on the definition of premise (building or portion of a building), (b)(3) would prohibit you from carrying in a prison, but you're ok carrying in the outdoor prison yard.

I think a court would interpret "premise" to include an outdoor area that's fenced-off. Depending on the judge, it may require that the outdoor area only be accessible through a building (to include the outdoor dining area of a posted 51% establishment). Or it could be any outdoor area that's fenced off and posted.
    DK Firearms

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I agree that the 46.035 is poorly written. Based on the definition of premise (building or portion of a building), (b)(3) would prohibit you from carrying in a prison, but you're ok carrying in the outdoor prison yard.

I think a court would interpret "premise" to include an outdoor area that's fenced-off. Depending on the judge, it may require that the outdoor area only be accessible through a building (to include the outdoor dining area of a posted 51% establishment). Or it could be any outdoor area that's fenced off and posted.

That would make my entire backyard a building or portion of a building.

And building per Mr. Webster:
    1: a usually roofed and walled structure built for permanent use (as for a dwelling)
    • 2: the art or business of assembling materials into a structure

Top Bottom