• Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I'd seen this graphic:
    Dallas-County-Judge-Chart-2-1024x791.jpg

But I hadn't seen a source. I found the source: https://covidactnow.org/state/TX
    Less than 5 weeks until the hospitals are overwhelmed, which is reportedly already happening in NYC - I've seen disturbing video.
    Italy has a smaller population than Texas and has 5,500+ dead, and have lost over 600 some days.
    I don't want to lose half a million (or more) Texans, most of whom will be older. Do you?

Eli
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• Dallas-County-Judge-Chart-2-1024x791.jpg
      Dallas-County-Judge-Chart-2-1024x791.jpg
      38.6 KB · Views: 428

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    From the source website’s public model.

“Disclaimer: The information herein is provided for informational purposes only, is just the author's opinion, and should not be misconstrued as medical or expert advice. There are many unknowns, and the author of this document makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the results obtained from the use of the information, and shall have no liability for the accuracy of the information and cannot be held liable for any third-party claims or losses of any damages. The information contained in this web site does not constitute a confirmed offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any product or service, and should not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision or action. Author may, at any time, revise the information on this web site without notice and makes no commitment to update this information.”

Created by a state-level D politician in Alaska.

Take their assessment with the same grains of salt as every thing you read on the internet.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I am calling bullshit on that graph.

I am, too

All the chicken littles love to trot out their "millions will die if we do nothing" BS

But it's physically impossible for us to do nothing
    because we're already doing many things -- many areas have "shelter in place" orders, many people are quarantined, many more are self-quarantined, schools / theaters / amusement parks / theaters / etc are shut down, etc, etc, etc

So any "infographic" you see which says "if we do nothing" or "if we take no action" is outdated BS

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'd seen this graphic:
    View attachment 206154
    But I hadn't seen a source. I found the source: https://covidactnow.org/state/TX
    Less than 5 weeks until the hospitals are overwhelmed, which is reportedly already happening in NYC - I've seen disturbing video.
    Italy has a smaller population than Texas and has 5,500+ dead, and have lost over 600 some days.
    I don't want to lose half a million (or more) Texans, most of whom will be older. Do you?

Eli
    That is pure speculation and fear mongering.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm not saying we don't need to be taking precautions, but there is an element of sensationalism that we've come to expect in the wake of snowstorms, thunderstorms, hurricanes, etc. They always lead with the worst case scenario and play on fear.
    They spin it up for the news cycle and we are living in an age when many are "addicted" to constant access to technology and information. Don't believe me? Ask your guests to put their phones in a drawer for an hour or two next time they visit. I predict you will be alone.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The more I think of it, the more I realize little has changed for me due to COVID-19 and statewide restrictions other than me washing my hands a bit more, using a bit more hand sanitizer or alcohol now and then as a follow-up to washing (have tortoises and almost always use alcohol to wipe down my hands after handling them), and picking my nose less. Not much has changed in my routine.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The more I think of it, the more I realize little has changed for me due to COVID-19 and statewide restrictions other than me washing my hands a bit more, using a bit more hand sanitizer or alcohol now and then as a follow-up to washing (have tortoises and almost always use alcohol to wipe down my hands after handling them), and picking my nose less. Not much has changed in my routine.
    Leopard, Spur Thighed, or some of the smaller ones?

Knew a guy in Florida that had a Galapagos Tortoise. Thing was huge. He said he had had it since it was a hatchling and he was a kid. He was probably in his 40’s at the time and this was in the mid 80’s.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Leopard, Spur Thighed, or some of the smaller ones?

Knew a guy in Florida that had a Galapagos Tortoise. Thing was huge. He said he had had it since it was a hatchling and he was a kid. He was probably in his 40’s at the time and this was in the mid 80’s.
    A Redfoot and a pair of Hermann's. Had some Russians too but gave them away before leaving NY. Used to keep snakes, lizards, water turtles, frogs, salamanders & newts but gave that all up a few years ago and went with just the tortoises. What do you have?

Top Bottom