• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    A Redfoot and a pair of Hermann's. Had some Russians too but gave them away before leaving NY. Used to keep snakes, lizards, water turtles, frogs, salamanders & newts but gave that all up a few years ago and went with just the tortoises. What do you have?
    Used to keep big monitor lizards. Gave it up after I started working overseas.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Haven't read the whole thread. Let me give you the science answer:

We don't know. No one knows. No scientist or expert knows. There is no study out there that definitively tells us what to do. Keep in mind, this is a public health doctor and infectious disease doctor's dream - they finally get to come into the spotlight and be important. Everyone you hear has an agenda and bias.

People in charge, like Trump & Abbott, have to do what they think is reasonable and we get to vote to let them know how they did.

We're making educated guesses. That's it. That's all we ever do. Past performance may not indicated future results. That kinda thing.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The more I think of it, the more I realize little has changed for me due to COVID-19 and statewide restrictions other than me washing my hands a bit more, using a bit more hand sanitizer or alcohol now and then as a follow-up to washing (have tortoises and almost always use alcohol to wipe down my hands after handling them), and picking my nose less. Not much has changed in my routine.

I stopped picking my nose as much too. Also have curbed scratching my butt as much.

I'll resume back to normal picking and scratching once the crisis is abated!

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I'd seen this graphic:
    View attachment 206154
    But I hadn't seen a source. I found the source: https://covidactnow.org/state/TX
    Less than 5 weeks until the hospitals are overwhelmed, which is reportedly already happening in NYC - I've seen disturbing video.
    Italy has a smaller population than Texas and has 5,500+ dead, and have lost over 600 some days.
    I don't want to lose half a million (or more) Texans, most of whom will be older. Do you?

Eli

Of course, I post this yesterday before going to my 'essential' job and just now see the replies, after hearing last night from a reputable source this stupid Chinese virus may only cause adverse affects in less than 1% of those infected... does anybody know what's going on?

Eli

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ... does anybody know what's going on?

Eli

No. Each locale is unique. What occurs in NYC is independent of what happens in Terlingua. Aggregating data is useful to tell a story, but Gov Abbot got it right Sunday when he said at it’s core local conditions are going to play a huge factor.

Also, having the virus isn’t the same as having the disease, and having the disease isn’t a death sentence. WA state has seen 1170 confirmed cases to date, with 87 deaths. 32 of those deaths are from one nursing home in which staff brought the virus into the facility and staff weren’t cleaning appropriately or wearing the appropriate PPE.

Texas has had 4 deaths to date, and if you look at the JHU dashboard, you’ll see the majority of cases follow the Iron Triangle. There’s something like 200 counties in Texas yet to have a confirmed case reported.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Well, since you axed, the so-called 'homeless' don't concern themselves with the 6' bogosity....they carry on being filthy and happy drunk, drugged or merely schizo........

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Trumps people have said multiple times now those models are orders of magnitude off the mark and actual numbers are very much different. This is why they are going to open up certain areas and keep others closed.

Tucker last night showed why NYC is in trouble, the multiple statements on video by the mayor and health officials to go to restaurants and parades and dont worry about the virus. Right up to 2.5 weeks ago and now they are in trouble.

Top Bottom