Military Camp

In light of FB's hatred of guns, GOTR is creating a presence on Pheed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There were a few pages that were taken down because they were doing giveaways for guns. That is apparently against Facebook's TOS. Oh well, I don't agree with it, but it is what it is and their site is technically "private property", so it's theirs to do with as they see fit. Other than the few examples I've seen of that, I haven't seen much of any substantiated fact for Facebook doing a bunch of stuff like deleting pro 2A posts and such. I have a feeling people are taking the few examples where something like this has happened, and then blowing it way out of proportion.
    Gun Zone Deals

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    me neither. i think people are tripping lol. I'm sure it's a common bug, maybe the anti's are just reporting us till FB automatically closes it due to excessive reports??

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    Facebook has gotten so bad that today Tac47 tried to promote a sale on optics, and was denied. We sent a letter to ask what TOS we violated by attempting to promote and optics saled. The response received was "Your account is under review for termination."

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    You can have a page shut down for no reason. Need proof? Find me one. Our friends country clothing stores page just got shut down after posting an image of a girl in their clothing line with an AR. The guy who reported it claimed it somehow infringed on his unrelated business. They shut it down and then went back after our friend complained and did an investigation. It ended up not being true and they re-opened her page.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    For the record, I previously was in league with those who called the anti-2nd Amendment push in FB hogwash but, that was only because pages that were supposedly shutdown were just fine when I went to check them. But, when it started happening to pages I actually followed and people I knew, I got concerned. Then there was this latest spate of prominent pages taken down in rapid succession which is what made everyone take notice.

I agree, it is a TOS issue but, the TOS is anti-gun in nature. You can promote any other legal activity. The only thing being singled out is us as community. Being a private medium, they have that right as much as we have a right to find other avenues of communication and/or as a community, try to influence them to change their minds. At the moment, I don't see the latter happening until there's a threat of a significant loss of revenue.

Top Bottom