Join TexasGunTalk

In light of these Walmart incidents...

Discussion in 'Texas LTC / CHL' started by JakeCFH15, Aug 16, 2019.

1. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    I will do what I think is the right thing to do in a given situation. And I hope to do for others caught in danger what I would want someone to do for me if I was caught in danger.

91B10 likes this.
  2. easy rider

easy rider Slacker Extraordinaire TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Certainly. Just try not to make yourself another statistic.

3. J-gunner

J-gunner Member

May 7, 2019
    Northlake, TX
    Statistically, I am 1000% (+/-, an obvious exaggeration) more likely to have to use my firearm for self defense in a one-on-one, personal encounter than in a dept store against a mass murderer with an AK and body armor. Rather than preparing ourselves for unlikely scenarios (not that we shouldn't be prepared for, or surprised by, just about anything these days), we CCers would serve ourselves much better simply by being generally more aware of our surroundings, boning up on local and state level laws and keeping our tools on us at all times.

toddbeck likes this.
  4. toddbeck

toddbeck New Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Coppell
    My CHL instructor said, "I am willing to die or go to jail or be sued for everything I'll ever earn in order to save my life or that of my family. I am not willing to die or go to jail or be sued for your life. But each of you can make your own choice whether to shoot."

It was important that he included in that "be sued for everything I'll ever earn." You can be completely no-billed by the District Attorney--cleared of ANY crime, totally justified--and yet be sued for the next 30 years by somebody in civil court, with attorney costs piling up. Something to consider before choosing to shoot.

bowserb and J-gunner like this.
  5. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    todd,

Sorry, you're making too much sense.....

There's a contingent here who fancy themselves 'free range saviors' and the kind of truth your telling isn't for them and we get chastised by them if we don't agree with what you just posted - which btw, I agree with.

bowserb likes this.
  6. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Sure.

However, if you want protection from lawsuits, you could also consider an umbrella liability policy. It’s not expensive at all.

The person who shot my wife didn’t lose a dime of his own money or face any legal repercussions at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowserb likes this.
  7. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    3609876_0.jpg

8. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Todd,

See what I mean?

9. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    :D

10. SA_Steve

SA_Steve Active Member

Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    You are pretty lawsuit proof in TX, really only your loose cash and extra real estate is at risk. Retirement funds, house, and car are easy to protect. That said I carry the umbrella but it requires an additional kicker on your car and house insurance before they will sell it to you.

And I've not scoured the 20 pages of fine print in the policy, and the several new pages they send each year, that tell what is excluded.

BillFairbanks likes this.