• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    There's an active situation unfolding right now in N. Austin at a Home Depot at Howard Ln./IH 35. Supposedly it's a bomb scare and APD cleared the building.

Fortunately, all the floor staff were on break.

Must be one of those experimental Home Depot locations to have floor stuff. Never see a soul in the ones I've been to.

superchief

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    Southwest Cow Town
    If you go "tactical" and start moving your way to get a good shot, you may bump into an off duty cop that is doing the same thing (except with his badge out). You get mistaken for the perp and down you go, lickity split. Like others have said, get out.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Doesn't everybody have one of these?

p_080000833_1.jpg

Attachments

• p_080000833_1.jpg
      p_080000833_1.jpg
      22.9 KB · Views: 358

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have none of those. But I have tin foil so I can make them as needed. If the worst happens I only hope to be in the tin foil department, restocking.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I mean really, the best plan would be to grab a wheelbarrow from the gardening aisle, duct tape some titanium watches from the jewelry department to it and engage the shooter from behind cover.

This reminds me, apparently fed.gov must have been sending out the script to this video, because I've seen like half a dozen different versions of it, but with the wording literally, verbatim, the same:

I'm guessing the advice from it would be fine for the majority of the population, but if you think I'm gonna get trapped hiding with you behind the copier, please by all means continue thinking that. As far as improvising a weapon goes, anything can be a weapon. For example, this weapon!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I mean really, the best plan would be to grab a wheelbarrow from the gardening aisle, duct tape some titanium watches from the jewelry department to it and engage the shooter from behind cover.

This reminds me, apparently fed.gov must have been sending out the script to this video, because I've seen like half a dozen different versions of it, but with the wording literally, verbatim, the same:

I'm guessing the advice from it would be fine for the majority of the population, but if you think I'm gonna get trapped hiding with you behind the copier, please by all means continue thinking that. As far as improvising a weapon goes, anything can be a weapon. For example, this weapon!

Not the same video, but the college has close to the same training video, which I have to do online at the college every year.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Run Hide Fight is a DHS initiative to address active shooter situations. Been around since 2013 or 2014, I think. Maybe as late as 2015. So yes, it’s a federal psa program. I seem to recall at one point they also offered some type of online training too, which was nothing but watch the video then choose your own adventure.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Run Hide Fight is a DHS initiative to address active shooter situations. Been around since 2013 or 2014, I think. Maybe as late as 2015. So yes, it’s a federal psa program. I seem to recall at one point they also offered some type of online training too, which was nothing but watch the video then choose your own adventure.
    I just took the test Friday, there was about a half dozen questions. I've seen the video so many times I just went to the test.

Top Bottom