• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Think it's crap he used that girl as cover though, could have shoved her out of line of fire after he drew. If that was my wife/daughter I'd be one hot SOB he put her in danger like that.

Last edited:

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Think it's crap he used that girl as cover though, could have shoved her out of line of fire after he drew. If that was my wife/daughter I'd be one hot SOB he put her in danger like that.
    **** that, it was a brilliant move, and I don't blame him one bit.

She should have moved on her own if she were concerned about her safety.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    She was standing there like a bad ass her own self.

Is there any way to find out the outcome in the courts.

Last edited:

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Disagree with you Scap, smart using her to conceal his draw but he could have continued to move to the right as he engaged to draw fire away from the innocents in the background, he could have shoved her out of the way with his left hand as he engaged, he could have made one more step in his circle to shield her, he could have drawn and waited to engage as the BG made for the exit but what he did was disregard the safety of that girl and everyone else behind him as he retreated toward them. Good on him for taking out the BG, good on him for a clever tactic of pretending to retreat as he concealed his draw but it's important to try to keep others from being shot and on that aspect he just got lucky.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I got ninja'd by the MH....
    Disagree with you Scap, smart using her to conceal his draw but he could have continued to move to the right as he engaged to draw fire away from the innocents in the background, he could have shoved her out of the way with his left hand as he engaged, he could have made one more step in his circle to shield her, he could have drawn and waited to engage as the BG made for the exit but what he did was disregard the safety of that girl and everyone else behind him as he retreated toward them. Good on him for taking out the BG, good on him for a clever tactic of pretending to retreat as he concealed his draw but it's important to try to keep others from being shot and on that aspect he just got lucky.

I completely disagree with you on this one. The job at hand was drop the BG. BG already had a gun in his hands, GG had to drop him immediately.
    All of the things you accuse the GG of doing is because a BG shoved a gun in his ribs. I'd say the safety of everyone was fully on the BG actions, not the GG's.

From my perspective, and I'm sure it sounds pretty shitty, when the gloves come off, I don't think anyone on here (save for a couple of the top instructors that participate on this forum) would even know there were other people in the room.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Admittedly it's armchair quarterbacking but job #1 is "protect the public", it's the whole point of getting the BG. If that was Joe Citizen then I wouldn't expect him to think of those things in the heat of the moment but this was fairly apparently a trained resource, ostensibly a LEO and that handful of money is not worth a single innocent life. I'm not disagreeing about what he did, I'm disagreeing about what he didn't do and that was "protect the public".

I know some folks will argue SCOTUS ruled LE has no responsibility to protect anyone, to that I submit if that is indeed the case LE is relegated to an enforcement branch of legislators in direct contradiction to their charter, the image and role they and many others promote. If laws are not intended to protect the public why is virtually every law justified in that manner?

All I have to say on the matter, if you think putting that girl in harms way was okay then you and I will just have to disagree.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    All I have to say on the matter, if you think putting that girl in harms way was okay then you and I will just have to disagree.

The whole room was put in harm's way as soon as the shit bag walked in with the gun intent on robbing the guy in the line.

The guy being robbed did what needed to be done to remove that which was harmful.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The whole room was put in harm's way as soon as the shit bag walked in with the gun intent on robbing the guy in the line.

The guy being robbed did what needed to be done to remove that which was harmful.

Pretty much what I thought when I saw it........

jmho....

Top Bottom