• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    This is going to be long i appologize in advance.

My father just passed away on Dec 3rd. He had a motorcycle accident in 1977 and recieved Hep C from a blood transfusion. In 1998 he received a liver transplant while we were living in Cali. He was entered in to an experimental progam last year with Texas A&M to cure Hep C. He was one of the few they did cure so we thought everything was going good and he would be ok. We were wrong not even a few months after he was cured he transplanted liver went into rejection. We took him to the Liver center in Houston, they drug their feet about evaluating his condition. It took 3 months before they even started the process. Well during the eval's they noticed that his kidneys were started to fail too. Knowing that my father might lose his insurance due to Disablilty kicking in the head of the center told the doctor treating my dad not to worry about the kidneys they were going to put him on the list for a multi-organ transplant (as long as there is kidney damage he could have gotten Medicare which would have covered the transplant) but the doctor that was treating my dad decieded he could fix the kindeys and he was going to prove it. (his words) so my father was unable to get the medicare and couldnt get new insurance due to a pre-existing condition so they refused to put him on the list unless we could show that we could pay for it out of pocket. Then when my dad ended up in the hospital at the end of Nov they called the liver center to see about getting him on the list for an emergency transplant and were told he didnt have enough money to pay for it let him die.

So if anyone knows a good lawyer that deals with wrongful death suits let me know please.
    Texas SOT

Top Bottom