• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    I am looking for a roofing company that I can trust if yall have any good recommendation send them my way, also if you have heard of Hancok roofing this is who my home owners insurance is sending over.

Thanks for helping!!
    Target Sports

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    If you are getting a company sent by your Insurance company, I would go with them. Follow their recommendations and document everything via emails and keeping/copying all documents to your assigned adjuster. If it fails down the road your insurance company is the one who recommended and sent them. Therefore you would have a better chance of them fixing it without additional cost to you. By using someone else you run the risk that should it fail you would not have the assistance of your insurance company getting them back to fix it.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I avoid the roofing companies recommended by insurance companies like the plague. They will usually put the cheapest roof on for the full value of the settlement. You insurance company will not want anything to do with warranty from them etc., as it's you that made the decision to go with that independent contractor. A lot of times the roofers give a kick back (illegal) to the adjusters for them to boost the estimate and get the work. Generally they are rip off artists IMHO.

Not bad to get an estimate from them, especially when they think it's a done deal they will be doing the work, but don't sign anything they put in front of you. Find another company to do the actual work just about every time with better materials. However I am in the construction business and don't have problem finding trades for that sort of thing. If you are not, go to local home builder's construction trailer in neighborhoods building your level of home and higher, get the lead superintendent to do it as a side job for you. Those guys can get you a high quality roof at a good price. They will let you research and choose the roofing material you want, color, etc.

Just saying you will get the work done to a higher standard, better materials, faster, and maybe have cash money left over..................of which I am sure you would return to the insurance company as required :)

Wish you were in the Houston area, got a few really good guys that do outstanding work.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Your insurance company won't do more than make a phone call if their recommended contractor doesn't do a great job. The contractor is in with the adjuster, your agent has little to no pull with the contractor. Having been a contractor and a licensed insurance adjuster for over 20 years, I would say that you should avoid 90% of all adjuster recommendations when it comes to choosing a contractor. Fifteen years ago I would have offered a very different percentage. If your adjuster is a storm trooper (not a permanent adjuster to your city and only in town temporarily to work a storm), then the percentage jumps to 99%.

Find a contractor who has been in business for many, many years in the same area. One who has an actual office you can drive by and see, not someone working out of their house.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I've had three roofs replaced in 18 years. We finally decided to put a standing seam metal roof on the house. It has a high radiant energy reflectivity and after five years looks like new.

I would highly recommend Soukoup Roofing, LLC. in Helotes. They do all kinds of roofing and stand behind their work at prices far below their competitors in Dirty 'Ol SA!

Give Steve a call. You won't be disappointed.

(210) 372-9000

arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    I appreciate all the advice I will take into consideration and may give Soukoup a call seeing how I am right next to Helotes off of 1604 and Bandera!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I've had three roofs replaced in 18 years. We finally decided to put a standing seam metal roof on the house. It has a high radiant energy reflectivity and after five years looks like new.

I would highly recommend Soukoup Roofing, LLC. in Helotes. They do all kinds of roofing and stand behind their work at prices far below their competitors in Dirty 'Ol SA!

Give Steve a call. You won't be disappointed.

(210) 372-9000
    we need a new one too! We are thinking a out metal.
    What about rust, and rain noise?

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    I have a metal roof no rust problems rain noise is elevated some and I can hear ticking of the hot metal during the day which is no
    biggie to me ,I thought I would throw it out there.
    I have had both asphalt shingle and metal with the latter being preferred.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    we need a new one too! We are thinking a out metal.
    What about rust, and rain noise?

Metal panels come with a baked on finish that has a 20 - 30 year finish warranty, so rust shouldn't be too big a concern. Metal can be louder in the rain, and some panels will creak a little as they expand and contract from the sun. You should also talk to your insurance company about a discount, and what the discount entails. Many times they will offer a discount for having a metal roof, but it can come with a clause that says appearance damage is not covered. That means if it gets hit in a bad hailstorm and gets enough little bitty dents that the roof looks like a golf ball, they may come back and say it doesn't affect the water tight integrity of the roof and the new dimpled look is not covered.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The workmanship is warranted for twenty years -- Rust is not a problem, because the metal is warranted for its lifetime. Rain Noise -- That is a wonderful cadence of pitter patter and you know your lawn is getting a good watering.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    -- Rust is not a problem, because the metal is warranted for its lifetime.

If you read the fine print, you'll realize that they count on most people either selling the home and the warranty not being transferred, or the warranty get's lost, or any other number of reasons. The warranty reads about what it does not cover more than what it does cover.

For the record, Kynar coating is better than Siliconized Polyester.

Top Bottom