TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my medical card after all this
    I need to find something else
    I can run heavy equipment I have some sales experience if I recover well enough I can cook again but I need to find something.
    If anyone hears anything I'd appreciate a heads up
    Thanks
    Target Sports

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my medical card after all this
    I need to find something else
    I can run heavy equipment I have some sales experience if I recover well enough I can cook again but I need to find something.
    If anyone hears anything I'd appreciate a heads up
    Thanks

But you're better now than before the surgery, right? I would think they would take it away if you didn't have surgery to correct the problem.
    How many truckers are out there just a cheeseburger away from a heart attack driving on the road right now?

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    But you're better now than before the surgery, right? I would think they would take it away if you didn't have surgery to correct the problem.
    How many truckers are out there just a cheeseburger away from a heart attack driving on the road right now?
    Right I'm calling the state med board Monday and ask for a extension

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    If not I have to test out all over again from scratch
    If you go in and turn your CDL to personal, you don’t need a med card on file. Of course you can’t drive for a company anymore but you don’t have to retest or go through “formal training” to go back to full blown CDL when you can pass the physical.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    If you go in and turn your CDL to personal, you don’t need a med card on file. Of course you can’t drive for a company anymore but you don’t have to retest or go through “formal training” to go back to full blown CDL when you can pass the physical.

I think the same is true for Intrastate... At least it was for my CDL, but mine grandfathers back to a Chauffer's license.

I've never used it, but I think my CDL allows me to be employed for intrastate transport, but not school bus driving.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Jobs.gov The IRS is hiring, at pay grade 4 and 5. Temp jobs, but a good chance to advance quickly. Kinda like truck driving, your ass in a seat all day and ya gotta dodge the assholes.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Jobs.gov The IRS is hiring, at pay grade 4 and 5. Temp jobs, but a good chance to advance quickly. Kinda like truck driving, your ass in a seat all day and ya gotta dodge the assholes.
    Stinking IRS doesn't even put you on terminal hold anymore. Message just tells you to call back some other day and hangs up.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Can anyone live on that pay today? At step one that's less than $13 an hour. I think McDonald's is paying higher.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    What ever you do don't go into retail in any shape or form. I would think cooking might be very hard on you from what I know of a commercial kitchen. One of my favorite beer wenches made pretty fare money working a cater gig for Pappa's Bar B Que as a set up/server.

Before I was gimped up bad I was thinking about the hospital job of those that cleanup operating rooms. I knew a guy from the renfest who did it & it paid big money, but you have to be able to handle the sight of blood. Or there are the companies that go put & clean up after people die or kill themselves at home.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Also looking for a job. Been doing roofing for 10yrs. So any type of construction job or anything at all let me know! Houston area.
    Grab a hard hat and safety vest and stop in to commercial sites. Stop by the superintendent's office and ask. Every sub they have is short handed.

Craigslist, Indeed, and similar can bring good leads too.

Top Bottom