• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I think Doug may be talking about the SR22 that he got from me. The thing worked flawless for me with all kinds of ammo. Yes, the 10 round magazines seem to get empty in a hurry. I never noticed any wear on the slide that he pointed out but, it seems that Doug is shooting it a lot more than I did.
    The only reason that I let it go is that I got a threaded barrel for my G44 and working on getting a suppressor.
    If I still had the SR22, I'd contact Ruger and I'm sure that they would make it right. @Dougw1515 , I will refund your money if you aren't happy with the SR22.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    For a fun gun to shoot and not break the bank, it's hard to beat the Ruger Mark III 22/45 pistols. Inexpensive and accurate, and they have lots of aftermarket support to customize them to your hearts content.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i guess you are looking for a more traditional style pistol?

if not, i have had my eye on a 10/22 charger. seems like it'd be a peach of a gun if i ever decide to go suppressed.

(if this is covered disregard, i am still on pg 1)

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Thanks! 3 months ago I was buying 9mm ammo and I didn't even have a gun. In the end that worked out ok. 9mm fits a lot of guns don't'cha know. But... I think I'll hold off buy any mags until I actually own a gun it'll fit! :laughing:
    Nuts! thought that was a .22 mag...did find one on Ebay but $60+ and is it really a Beretta...I checked 40+ places and found nothing but backorder, not in stock, and no longer available...

I just finished filling by bucket list on .22s...one blued 4" High Standard Sentinel and one 2 3/8" nickel round butt...copies of the one I learned to shoot revolver with and one I carried...in 1967. Hope you find your "right" one. .22's a lot of fun.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'll say one thing, there is an amazing number of various types of 22 pistols that are available to buy. Staggering almost. It would be very hard not to find something that would suit just about anyone looking for one to buy. I can think of several I'd love to buy and shoot. Sad my wallet is limited!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I think Doug may be talking about the SR22 that he got from me. The thing worked flawless for me with all kinds of ammo. Yes, the 10 round magazines seem to get empty in a hurry. I never noticed any wear on the slide that he pointed out but, it seems that Doug is shooting it a lot more than I did.
    The only reason that I let it go is that I got a threaded barrel for my G44 and working on getting a suppressor.
    If I still had the SR22, I'd contact Ruger and I'm sure that they would make it right. @Dougw1515 , I will refund your money if you aren't happy with the SR22.

Nah, Larry I don't want my money back. Nice of you to offer though. And yeah I've been shooting it a lot. Usually ~350 rounds per trip. I typically hit the range Tuesdays and Thursdays. I do my 9mm stuff then pull out the SR22 for some exercise and fun. There was no slide wear when I bought the gun. It was pretty much flawless. @ 15yds it was hitting left about 3". 1/2 turn on the windage screw cured that. The FTL's and FTE's could be a function of the ammo. I polished the ramp to a mirror finish in an attempt to cure the FTL's. I did a serial number check the other day and it shipped in 2012. With having to do FFL both ways, next day air both ways and the Ruger charges I'm not sure it'd be worth sending it back to Ruger. I intend to contact them tomorrow and get an idea of the cost to repair then will make a final decision. I like the gun! It's a fun shooter and the fact that I already have 7 magazines for it makes it worth keeping.

You guys gonna Netflix & chill?

Well I don't know about that Netflix thingee..... :green:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Seems there are lots of semi-auto 22 pistols that have 10 round magazines, including the Ruger Mark series of pistols. Mine came with two magazines when I bought it new, but I bought three more factory magazines to go with it, to cut down on reloading magazines as much.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Seems there are lots of semi-auto 22 pistols that have 10 round magazines, including the Ruger Mark series of pistols. Mine came with two magazines when I bought it new, but I bought three more factory magazines to go with it, to cut down on reloading magazines as much.
    I got 3 magazines when I bought the gun from Larry. Then someone posted a deal on e-Bay where 4 factory mags were less than 70 bucks so I bought 4 of those. But that was an ordeal. From the time I ordered to the time I received the order e-Bay shut that vendor down. I wasn't even sure I was going to get the mags as there was no communications from the seller nor e-Bay after that one message. The message basically said I may have to contact my financial institution to have the charges reversed. But it also said if I hadn't received my order I should receive it in a few days.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I haven't shot it as much but my Ruger Mark IV Lite is probably my favorite .22 at the moment. Threaded w/ a can of course.

708c2d42ecde709aae38ba1f4c9de73b.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom