Guns International

In the WTF? department - Pending ABC special on "Guns" and the danger to childeren.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonattrit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Fort Hood Area
    Talk about screaming your ant-gun, rifle,...well, actually I can’t figure out what "they" want or don’t want politics. Why do the networks publish crap reporting like this? How about something similar, but with a practical and common sense approach? Blending information showing the dangers of ANY weapon and the known counter measures you can take to mitigate as an example. They should probably start with something easy like the choking hazard of a coin around a child and work up from there. Bottom line, just about anything can be a significant threat to a young child. Truth be known, the media contributes more to gun related accidents than any single individual. Any TV show/movie with guns has actors constantly flagging each other, threatening each other, shooting each other, or otherwise using a tool that garners the utmost respect and maturity to use, like a joke. The irony is they are the joke. Yes, hypocritical, self serving, leftist a$$clown media I’m calling you out! You are the threat, not the gun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In the WTF? department - Pending ABC special on "Guns" and the danger to chil...

Seen the previews, will not be watching.

I actually think they aired an almost identical piece several years ago.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Leftist propaganda. Life is to short to waste on a non-factual piece of garbage.

I seen the previews too.. This is definitely a hit piece with scenarios created by them for a specific outcome.
    We are also not the target audience. This is a show to keep those already afraid of or on the fence about guns to stay where they are.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    Truth be known, the media contributes more to gun related accidents than any single individual. Any TV show/movie with guns has actors constantly flagging each other, threatening each other, shooting each other, or otherwise using a tool that garners the utmost respect and maturity to use, like a joke...

I would say be wary of tossing the First Amendment to protect the Second. But that is my opinion.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Its a TV show meant to "inspire" emotion to get you to watch. Look how they have you wasting time and emotion on it and advertising for them.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Young Guns: A Diane Sawyer Special | Video - ABC News here's the "trailer"

Seriously though, yes children are interested in guns. Just like children are interested in anything "taboo". They could just as easily make this same special about liquor and children. Hell, some of those clips remind me of being a kid looking for alcohol with my friends in my parent's house. And yes, there were several loaded unlocked arms in that same house. Want to know why I never f-ed with them? Because my dad taught me all about them and let me use them starting when I was about 7. There was no "taboo". I wanted those guns as much as I wanted to play with a rock.

And if you think your kid "can't handle it", then lock it. Simple.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    What if no one watches it? Will they make another one?
    Piers Morgan got his biggest ratings ever talking about Modern Sporting Rifles (not what he refers to them as...). If no one watches, they will not be inclined to make more of these.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its a TV show meant to "inspire" emotion to get you to watch. Look how they have you wasting time and emotion on it and advertising for them.

I think thats what it is more than anything. Not that they dont have an agenda but mostly their agenda is selling ads and people are drawn to drama. Real or imagined. Swimming pools! Danger in your backyard!

-Without Life there can be no Liberty-

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Their strategy is to lie consistently and lie in volume. Even when all of the facts don't support your position, lie ALL the time and ignore the facts. Eventually the lies become truth. There have been numerous studies, some effectively "peer-reviewed" over the past few decades that have basically debunked all of the claims these people put forth, and many people have spent considerable time deconstructing many of the flawed study data used by many gun control proponents. One thing is consistent, the willful ignorance of the facts and valid studies, and the elevation of cherry picked and heavily biased studies based on inaccurate or irrelevant data groups. If you cherry pick hard enough, you can find enough data to twist into supporting any position you want.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Fuuu - watched ABC news tonight and they were pushing this special. All I can think of are the stupid-ass parents who are the really guilty ones here. I vividly remember my dad telling me when I was a kid - I've got a loaded handgun in the house DO NOT even try to look for it. I never did because I'd get the tar beaten out of my ass with his belt, the same as when I mouthed of to my mother.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Houston
    We have allowed the left to remove gun safety classes from our schools. When I was growing there were gun safety classes and even school shooting teams. Not anymore. If the NRA and other pro gun organizations pushed as hard for the safety classes to be put back in our schools as the antis push to remove them then ABC and the rest of the communist news agencies couldn't make show like this.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I can't speak to big cities or even the classrooms out here, but 4-H shooting comps out here are very active.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    It is better to gun-proof your kids than kid-proof your guns. Remove the forbidden factor from guns in your child's eyes and they will no longer have any interest in them.

Top Bottom