• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    Since Kev can't get in trouble with himself for copyright I am going to be lazy and re-use exactly what I posted on INGO:

I recently ordered a lower from Brownells. I used the guest checkout as I have in the past. I used a FFL dealer near me who is on their list of FFLs on file. I supplied my correct address.

There was a question asking for my birth date which must have been the bridge to the past, but they dropped all my correct information down a black hole, used an address obsolete for 8 years as my home and my present address as a shipping address. They then sent an e-mail indicating that my shipment was being withheld until I sent them a signed license from a FFL dealer. By the time I noticed they had cancelled my order.

They can piss up a rope. I found better deals elsewhere.

I may or may not do business with them in the future but I sure as hell will never order another FFL item from them.
    Hurley's Gold

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    They messed up one order and now you hate them forever. Well, alrighty then.

Every company I've ever dealt with has, at one time or another, messed up an order. I tend to react more to how they addressed the error, rather than the fact that they screwed up. I've had a lot of orders through Brownells that went just fine, so I'll still use them. I hope you have better luck with your alternatives.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    They messed up one order and now you hate them forever. Well, alrighty then.

Every company I've ever dealt with has, at one time or another, messed up an order. I tend to react more to how they addressed the error, rather than the fact that they screwed up. I've had a lot of orders through Brownells that went just fine, so I'll still use them. I hope you have better luck with your alternatives.
    No response so far to my e-me-mail and I do not have the kind of time they expected me to wait on hold on the phone.

I understand that errors happen, and I have seen many examples. In terms of abject stupidity, this is the all-time winner.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I get things damn near daily from Brownells....a screw up is rare, and when it does happen, they have always fixed it quickly.

As an Edge member where the hell else can I order some part for 2-3 dollars and get two day delivery for free?

jmho..........

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I've always have very good service from Brownell's, everybody screws up now and then. I do check all pertinent info prior to pressing "order" no matter who I order from.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Since Kev can't get in trouble with himself for copyright I am going to be lazy and re-use exactly what I posted on INGO:

I recently ordered a lower from Brownells. I used the guest checkout as I have in the past. I used a FFL dealer near me who is on their list of FFLs on file. I supplied my correct address.

There was a question asking for my birth date which must have been the bridge to the past, but they dropped all my correct information down a black hole, used an address obsolete for 8 years as my home and my present address as a shipping address. They then sent an e-mail indicating that my shipment was being withheld until I sent them a signed license from a FFL dealer. By the time I noticed they had cancelled my order.

They can piss up a rope. I found better deals elsewhere.

I may or may not do business with them in the future but I sure as hell will never order another FFL item from them.
    I appears you may have your answer to the problem in your writing. They sent an email requesting a signed copy from the receiving FFL. Believe it or not, FFL's do have an expiration date. It is not Brownell's responsibility to contact all the FFL's to receive current non-expired copies, this would fall on the customer. Too bad for your experience, but at least you found what you were needing.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Never purchased a FFL item from them but have always had good customer service otherwise. They shorted me 500 rounds on a 1000 round 9mm ammo order and just took my word for it. I had the other 500 rounds in a few days at no charge. This was, of course, well before all ammunition suddenly turned into 24 ct gold.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    I appears you may have your answer to the problem in your writing. They sent an email requesting a signed copy from the receiving FFL. Believe it or not, FFL's do have an expiration date. It is not Brownell's responsibility to contact all the FFL's to receive current non-expired copies, this would fall on the customer. Too bad for your experience, but at least you found what you were needing.
    No. They flat dropped that information along with the rest of my current information.

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    I've always have very good service from Brownell's, everybody screws up now and then. I do check all pertinent info prior to pressing "order" no matter who I order from.
    The information was correct at that point. That's why I am so pissed.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No response so far to my e-me-mail and I do not have the kind of time they expected me to wait on hold on the phone.

I understand that errors happen, and I have seen many examples. In terms of abject stupidity, this is the all-time winner.

Keep in mind, you are not the only person they have to deal with. Your email is probably one of thousands they are trying to address. Between the pandemic, the election, and the extreme social unrest right now, they are more than likely completely swamped. Cut them a little slack.

Top Bottom