• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Last night, my son grilled 3 NY Strip Steaks asparagus and Idaho potatoes. They wete excellent with HB Weisse Biers. Same biers today and rigjt now we are enjoying jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon, the bacon with a sugary rub. Not too hot until the third and fouth ones! Yowza!!

20220703_175101.jpg

20220703_173133.jpg

20220703_172157.jpg
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    As a former meat cutter, when I see a Frenched bone I tend to shed a tear. I sort of get it if your in a high end steak house and holding the bone an not using a knife and fork.
    Some of the tastiest bits of a steak or chop are what is attached to the bone but sadly are removed when frenched. While not exactly frenching, but more or less similar, the cutting off of what we used to call the 'tail' on loin lamb chops is, in my mind, sacriligious and absolutely ruins the chop. I have not been able to find proper loin lamb chops since moving out of NY. There they only are to be found in real butcher shops. The Texarkana area seems almost hopeless for finding excellent cuts of meat, good fresh seafood, and in general foods of good taste and fine quality. I must admit though, there have been a few tasty surprises now and then around here.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Some of the tastiest bits of a steak or chop are what is attached to the bone but sadly are removed when frenched. While not exactly frenching, but more or less similar, the cutting off of what we used to call the 'tail' on loin lamb chops is, in my mind, sacriligious and absolutely ruins the chop. I have not been able to find proper loin lamb chops since moving out of NY. There they only are to be found in real butcher shops. The Texarkana area seems almost hopeless for finding excellent cuts of meat, good fresh seafood, and in general foods of good taste and fine quality. I must admit though, there have been a few tasty surprises now and then around here.
    Texas really aint known for sheep herders. Lamb prices have always been stupidly high, and now with Brandon incharge worse. I paid $100.00 for a semi boneless leg, then went back & bought the close dated & 65% off.

Top Bottom