Indian Motorcycles?

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
The ad agency I worked at held the Indian account for several years. I was the SME for bikes and the industry.

There’s a whole lotta marketing going on with the brand, but unlike Harley, there’s nothing really linking the current company to the original.

Manufactured heritage at its finest.

Decent bikes though.

Edit: typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
Feb 1, 2009
Royal Enfield is designed in the UK to this day and built in India. Their new inline triples are beautiful. That makes RE more Indian than Indian

tired of sht

Dec 6, 2015
west of weird
The reason I brought up the question, I have seen a lot of TV ads the last couple of days. You would think that they would like to fly under the radar at this time. Not bring attention to themselves.

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
The reason I brought up the question, I have seen a lot of TV ads the last couple of days. You would think that they would like to fly under the radar at this time. Not bring attention to themselves.
I think they do their ads and media buys in-house...never a good idea.

They’re based in Minnesota, fer Cheissakes, the literal hotspot for this craziness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
Royal Enfield is designed in the UK to this day and built in India. Their new inline triples are beautiful. That makes RE more Indian than Indian
45tex,

Fwiw, about 4-5 years ago I SAW, examined carefully & talked to the proud new owner of one of the Royal Enfield-made "1948 clones" of the SUPER CHIEF.

It was such a quality/ERSATZ "old school" CHIEF "clone" that over 95% of the parts would interchange with an original 1948 INDIAN.
(Several of us on an Internet M/C forum at the time found that owners of ORIGINAL 1940s Indian bikes were excited to be able to buy suitable/"unobtainable" parts for their vintage bikes, out of India.)

yours, satx

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
I love my ‘17 Indian Springfield. I have no plans of rebranding her.

View attachment 221762

Jarine,

That bike is just DOWNRIGHT PURTY. = I LIKE.

Fwiw I'm in the "gathering stage of planning a "reverse 3-wheeler" with the "power side of the house" being a totaled a shaft-drive M/C.
The nose-section of the TRICYCLE will look a lot like a circa 1960 DKW "front engine Formula Junior" race car, as that's what I have the plans for.

yours, satx

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads