• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    While not known for large animals we do get some, this one was so heavy I could not drag it at all from where it dropped. That's a Kubota 4400 tractor for scale.
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• shootorsaddle.jpg
      shootorsaddle.jpg
      499.5 KB · Views: 132

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Compared to the little TX Hill Country white tails running around in my yard, he's a monster!

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    On my way from Kokomo to Indy I laid eyes on the biggest deer I've ever seen. He was standing in a grass highway divider looking like he owned the joint. He sure as heck did. Great Deer and congrats! Do y'all feed them up there or how does that work? Pick up the feed a couple weeks before season opens?

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    I was born and raised in southern Indiana. When I first got to Texas to stay, in 1998, I was driving by a field and saw some big rabbits in it. Then I blinked and looked harder, and realized they were deer. I was used to Indiana-sized deer. Texas has a lot of big things, but deer don't seem to be one of them.

He Leadeye, I think we are (were?) on the same Indiana forum. (I seem to remember a KJQ as well?) I posted there under "Alamo", but that was already taken when I joined TGT. Welcome to Texas! To the forum at least. :)

IndyDave1776

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Indiana
    I was born and raised in southern Indiana. When I first got to Texas to stay, in 1998, I was driving by a field and saw some big rabbits in it. Then I blinked and looked harder, and realized they were deer. I was used to Indiana-sized deer. Texas has a lot of big things, but deer don't seem to be one of them.

He Leadeye, I think we are (were?) on the same Indiana forum. (I seem to remember a KJQ as well?) I posted there under "Alamo", but that was already taken when I joined TGT. Welcome to Texas! To the forum at least. :)
    Nothing like a reunion!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I remember some big norther Illinois deer. Takes a few more calories to survive the winters. Last hunter I talk to up yonder said they had turkeys which there never where while I lived there. All the pheasants were gone as were the quail.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Grew up in Southern Indiana slug hunting those monsters in the hills and hollers as well. I clearly remember when I was a youngster a neighbor weighing in a huge buck at the general store that went 225 field dressed. Biggest damn deer I’ve ever seen in person, had a neck like an ole hickory tree.
    Needless to say, when I got to Texas I could not believe people were “hunting” these poodles under feeders with a 300 Win Mag!

Top Bottom