Indoor range at EPCC

Discussion in 'El Paso' started by angel71rs, Nov 7, 2009.

1. angel71rs

angel71rs New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    New guy here, just thought I'd give a review of the range @ the East campus in case anyone was unfamiliar with it (did a search). I know I'd never heard of it till recently. Located on I-10 East, Eastlake exit, in the Law Enforcement bldg. http://www.epcc.edu/CampusMaps/Pages/MissiondelPaso.aspx

Excellent facility, friendly staff, free targets, loaner ears/eyes if you need them, and it's dirt cheap. $15 for 8 visits, $30 for 40 visits. Can shoot your pistols/rifles out to 25 yds, no armor piercing/green tip ammo. No reloads, factory ammo only.

If you are LE, active military, or have CHL, can walk right in and use the range. Otherwise you have to attend the Safety/Proficiency course given 1st Saturday of the month. Free, just bring a pen, can use your weapon/ammo, or they use Community College's .22 Rugers/ammo, also free (for S/P course). Call in advance to register. 831-7117/7118

Hours are 5pm - 10pm weekdays, 9am - 4pm weekends, they start to clean up about 1/2 hr b4 closing. Best to call to make sure range is available, cause sometimes range is tied up for other uses. 831-7113 or the other 2 #s.

2. espnazi

espnazi Member

Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    It Sounds like a great option except It is kind of far away from where I live.

3. 87'vette

87'vette Member

Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Great range. Been going there for years. It's worth the drive.

4. Hey-zeus

Hey-zeus New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    El Paso
    Sweet, I live 6mi from there, it's not on the net results... I would've never found it, now that is close!

5. shibbykins

shibbykins New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    El Paso
    sweet. i didnt know it existed! i think the wife will be pleased.

6. onac255

onac255 Active Member

Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Awesome. I did not know we had an indoor range!!!

7. Reacher

Reacher Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Irving, TX
    Rats that's on the polar opposite end of El Paso from me.

8. Sarge12R

Sarge12R New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    Thanks for the link! I never heard of this place either. Gunna check it out ASAP!

9. 87'vette

87'vette Member

Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    EPCC Range

Well, got a chance to go to the range this morning. Shot about 400 rounds of 10mm, 250 rounds of .223, some .357mag, and put my dads bersa .380 through it's paces. Good Times! :happy0001:

10. randmplumbingllc

randmplumbingllc Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Sounds like a good time. I just have a problem with no Class III stuff and no reloads. From what I understand, those are their rules. It would be great for the summer, when it is over a 100 degree's here.

I just never understand why these places make up the rules they have. The indoor range I use to go to in Phoenix use to let you shoot whatever, except AP ammo or larger cal.'s, over 30.06. The reason for that, is because their backstops were not rated for those rounds. I get that, but just to ban suppressors, full auto and reloaded ammo is just senseless. What "harm" can a suppressor do to the range ?

That is fine with me though. They can keep their rules and I will keep my money and shoot elsewhere.:fighting0010: