• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    Good afternoon TGT,

I am in the process of making a video for Youtube on inexpensive RedDots in the 20-22mm range. Some people refer to them as Micro-Dots. Regardless, I purchased 10 optics from all of the major brands in the Sub $100 range and I am looking for ways to test them. I expect this will be a multi-part video but I am looking for test suggestions.

If you have seen videos from 704 Tactical he does the water bottle test. I don't want to copy him, but that seems like a pretty easy test for validating shock durability. I also plan on submerging them in a bucket for 15 minutes.

Here is a link to my IG where I am asking for help: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBBv0-qgQ0o/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

If I use your suggestion, I will give you credit in the video.

You can check out my content here: https://www.youtube.com/user/nlghthawk38

Thanks all
    Geoff
    Gun Zone Deals

Bisdak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2020
    8.5011135, 124.6643295
    What I haven’t seen tested is the effect of a drastic altitude/ temperature change to the sight’s capability to hold zero. Maybe from freezer to oven and vice-versa. Kinda like jumping off an airplane.

eugene1NR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    Atlanta
    If you have seen videos from 704 Tactical he does the water bottle test. I don't want to copy him, but that seems like a pretty easy test for validating shock durability. I also plan on submerging them in a bucket for 15 minutes.

C'mon, from any side - any review and testing always look like making a copy from somebody's video. If you don't want to make copies from someone else's videos - maybe you should ignore their videos?

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    So I’m no optics expert but I have wanted to install red dot sights on my 5.56 rifles for a while. To match my “poverty level” AR’s (as per that AR15 chart on a different thread) I finally scored a couple of Holosun sights that were on sale a while back I actually got a 515cu & 510c thinking I could get a good feel for which type works best for me.

Well a few days ago I decided to install both in hopes I’d get a chance to sight them in soon just to discover my cataract that has recently grown in my right eye makes it where I can’t even see the circle dot. Guess it’s time for cataract surgery.

So my experiment with lower cost red dot sights has been put on hold but my initial impression of both sights is positive. I think they’ll be fine for the rifles they’re on and their intended use and environment.

nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    So I’m no optics expert but I have wanted to install red dot sights on my 5.56 rifles for a while. To match my “poverty level” AR’s (as per that AR15 chart on a different thread) I finally scored a couple of Holosun sights that were on sale a while back I actually got a 515cu & 510c thinking I could get a good feel for which type works best for me.

Well a few days ago I decided to install both in hopes I’d get a chance to sight them in soon just to discover my cataract that has recently grown in my right eye makes it where I can’t even see the circle dot. Guess it’s time for cataract surgery.

So my experiment with lower cost red dot sights has been put on hold but my initial impression of both sights is positive. I think they’ll be fine for the rifles they’re on and their intended use and environment.
    Good luck with your surgery. Holoson is a good value optic, and they even manufacture optics for other companies.

Top Bottom