• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Anyone own one of these? any opinions? how does it compare to the traditional Bushmasters, DPMS or Olympics? Haven't shot one yet, but was thinking about one....

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    I bought a S&W M&P15T last year from Smith & Wesson direct off of Agency Letterhead for $1080.00 shipped to my office. It's built well, and shoots like any other AR-15 ie:Bushmaster/DPMS. I like this model because it already has the rails and flip-up sights. I do know the price has gone up about $200 bucks.
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...angId=-1&parent_category_rn=33803&isFirearm=Y

IMG_1533.jpg

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Apparently there were some issues with them when they first came out, but S&W took care of them pretty quick. I don't own one, but I've shot a few that belong to friends and fit and finish wise they seem on pare with the rest of the upper mass production ones.

Also, I own stock in the company so I highly recommend you purchase more then one

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I bought a S&W M&P15T last year from Smith & Wesson direct off of Agency Letterhead for $1080.00 shipped to my office. It's built well, and shoots like any other AR-15 ie:Bushmaster/DPMS. I like this model because it already has the rails and flip-up sights. I do know the price has gone up about $200 bucks.
    [url]http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=44934&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=33803&isFirearm=Y[/URL]

IMG_1533.jpg
    just ordered one (from GT's) on letterhead and got it for $1060 shipped to my department.....thanks for the input gentlemen.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I prefer the one pictured, 16" carbine with the longer RIS rail and truncated front block. It has nice feel, but the S&W's do need a little break in, some of them are pretty gritty in the action. You'll get the same quality as you would with a Bushmaster / Colt, etc.

They've kinda crept up in price lately.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    damn...they had one at the local academy today. i think i should have picked it up...i'll check in the morning!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    damn...they had one at the local academy today. i think i should have picked it up...i'll check in the morning!

I have seen buyers at Academy come close to buying the 5.45 rifles when they wanted a 5.56, so be sure you know what you are looking at.

Top Bottom