• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delta4-3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    As in Thermal? I deal in FLIR and Armasight products, which use the FLIR Tau2 core. The Armasight actually has a little better image compared to a FLIR unit with the same core, just due to the software that brings the data from the core to the display screen.
    I have a demo unit I am selling with a full warranty and is like new for $5,200. MSRP is $6,404.
    https://www.armasight.com/thermal-imaging/thermal-weapon-sights/armasight-zeus-3-336-60-42mm-lens/
    I have various new units as well. I have some video's on youtube from the demo unit mentioned above.

As far as use, thermal's are getting hugely popular. You will see 10x the critters with thermal compared to just Gen3 night vision alone. But, identification, especially at extended range becomes more difficult with thermal than with Gen3 night vision with some magnification. You are basically looking at a mini TV screen, so if something is far away, the pixel size is larger in relation to the size of the image of the animal making ID tougher. However, you may not have ever found it in the first place with I^2 night vision.

To really get a good idea of what best suits you, we would need to know what you are hunting, and at what distance.

The upside of thermal is that it will perform in conditions such as rain or fog that put a damper on the performance of I^2 (regular night vision) devices.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I will be using my diy build. Just finished and haven't hunted with it yet. Its a near visible IR setup not thermal. Have a thread about this in this subforum.

HtownMiner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    Houston, Texas
    Well ir or thermal is really good if you are hunting in places where there are potentially dangerous predators. That way they can't sneak up on you. Id probably mainly use it for that purpose.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom