• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Okay, I must be too young, too old, or too twisted. I loved it. It was a typical Tarentino movie, he hasnt let me down yet. If I had wanted a documentary, I would watch the History Channel. I wasnt expecting a history lesson. He has an off brand of humor that you either like or you dont. It wasnt his best film, but it was good.

That's what I wold expect from it. I want to see it but I really have to be prepared for it...and I don't smoke dope so it's not as easy to prepare my mind.

Kill Bill for example, I tried to watch it without "preparing" and just couldn't keep watching. Once I thought I was ready, I watched again. I still need to see the other. Pulp Fiction I agree, is one of the greats. I think it's the one anyone needs to see to transition into QT's style. It's shocking humor or horrific comedy or something. Getting stoned would really help prepare one to understand his stuff.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I'll find your agenda for you DoubleAction! How about this for starters? Let's begin with GI JOE: Real American He-ro, GI JOE! So I've been waiting, I don't know 30 years for this movie to be made and what do I get? A freaking blue helmeted, Nato, fancy-pants! Whatever happened to "Real American Hero"??? The Stars and Stripes wearing, true - American bad ass, GI Joe that we grew up with is not in this flick. I bet GI JOE 2 is going to have Hollywood tell us that Joe is actually life partners with "Rip-Cord" struggling with the evil "Dont ask, dont tell" policy of the American military. All the while, wearing a blue helmet, softening up the moviegoing populace of America to the idea of Nato soldiers pounding our streets and each other. Next, you have Inglorious Basterd's taking a particular time in history and using the most popular false idols in Hollywood to SHOW the dumbass movie going populace what REALLY happened...Although I was heartily entertained with Inglorious Bastards, I was also suffering with an internal conflict of whether or not I should be getting angry at myself for enjoying propoganda. Seriously, take a look around the theater next time and I bet you can find 10 people in that theatre that will believe what they see for fact!!! Strangely enough, the only other movie that has made me that mad at myself for watching, yet still enjoying, was "Wanted" for guiltily, somewhat enjoying, the bend the bullet movie. This movie stars Angelina Jolie, who of course, forms the other half of the two headed anti-christ, with Brad Pitt. Those 2, paired with the ?-teen children they cheerfully adopt or hire, er, sire, make for one hell-uva sheeple leading, first family of New Orleans.

Now Jeff, simmer down now! I will give you the GI Joe reference. I still cannot believe they made him a NATO soldier, a blue helmeted Pakistani being led by some French General. But, I honestly dont think there was any propaganda in IB. He is not known for any. He is too twisted to have an agenda. Jews killing Natzi's. I dont see the propaganda. The fact they were scalping them? The fact they were lead by a LT. from Tennessee? The fact that one of them didnt carry a gun but a baseball bat and caved the Krauts heads in? If Garafolo would have written it I would be screaming propoganda with you, but this was just a topic he cooked up in that sick head of his that some of us can relate to, some of us cant.

And, yes, Brad and Angies home life is a little bizarre. They should be adopting little American children if they want to adopt. Come on, he is not the first guy led off the tracks by a woman! I still think he ought to be $*&^ Jen personally, but she cant keep a man at all. Actually, I would like to be the meat in a Jenn/Angie sandwich!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There are no two ways about it, this movie just plain sucked HARD. The more movies Tarantino makes, the worse they get. I liked some of his earlier ones like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and I can't remember some of the others, but his stuff is really starting to suck badly now. ;)

Top Bottom