Join TexasGunTalk

Inherited 50 guns

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by AmandaDeeann, Dec 9, 2019.

1. sidebite252

sidebite252 Well-Known

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    First time that’s ever happened here.
    Is someone selling gun’s by the pound?

2. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    If there is a Python in the pile it by itself would finance a decent Christmas.

Spcwolf, AmandaDeeann and Southpaw like this.
  3. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Set the Vodak down and step away!

4. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    A Valuable Personal Property (VPP) rider to renters or homeowners policy can be purchased for fractions of a penny on the dollar and *most* will cover firearms, be sure to ask about specific exclusions. The total value of the VPP policy may have limits on specific categories ($5k VPP/$2000 for electronics, $2k for firearms, $1k for jewelery for example), so it does pay to ask the questions before purchasing the policy.

Also, if there are uniquely valuable individual pieces, they can have their own individual replacement policies.

AmandaDeeann and Dad_Roman like this.
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    As I stated....

6. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    See, now you want me to read all the way to the end before I open my mouth.

83f910b2d2528a61946b3c4cc183870a.jpg

7. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    As you're probably already noticed, your post is like blood in an ocean full of sharks. 85 replies so far, and most chomping at the bit to see what you have!

If I may add a few more recommendations to the list...

First, if you do plan to sell on here, please read the following before doing so:

https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/classifieds.22305/

Secondly, if you do get appraisals for the weapons, get more than one or two opinions of what they are worth. You just have to watch a few episodes of Pawn Stars or American Pickers to learn that sometimes even the "experts" are off the mark. If you think a particular firearm is valuable, you may want to consider a professional appraisal of its worth.

Thirdly, not that anyone on here would purposely steer you wrong; but even potential buyers from this forum (or any other) will want to get the best deals and may not always offer what's best for you. Obviously negotiations will occur, but do your homework beforehand so you know what a reasonable price should be!

Lastly, as you don't have experience with private sales in Texas, you may want to read some of the articles in the following forum to understand the process.

https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/beginner-articles.64/

Of course, if you have any questions you can ask the collective knowledge of this group!

8. Wiliamr

Wiliamr Active Member TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Several people have referred to not selling to a gun shop because you will only get wholesale price. Not correct. Most shops will only offer you "used" gun prices.

AmandaDeeann likes this.
  9. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    If we are getting technical, the gun shops will not offer retail used pricing.

AmandaDeeann and studenygreg like this.
  10. Wiliamr

Wiliamr Active Member TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    A distinctive correction to my post but important. I guess we need to come up with a term for what a gun shop realistically offers for a used gun...

For someone new to selling guns, the prices offered by gun shops seem like a ripoff. A person I know took a very nice Winchester 94 to an Austin gun shop that has been in business awhile and was offered $100 for it. He did not sell because it was just too low a price.

AmandaDeeann likes this.