• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Nobody said liberals were capable of independent thought or application of a shred of common sense.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Glad I have seen NYC, now I don't have a reason to ever go there again.
    Jailing law abiding citizens to make political statements, at what point do we call that tyranny?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    According to NY state law neither of those cases involved innocent gun owners. I'm not in agreement with such laws and I guess you can argue how they handle such cases, but apparently NY residents don't seem to have a problem with it, tyranny or not.

The woman carried a gun into NY state contrary to both state and local law. Like it or not, she broke their law. Can one from out of state visit Houston and carry a gun on them while there without an LTC or a reciprocal license and not be in violation of Texas law?

The guy carried what sounds to me like a "high capacity" magazine according to NY state's definition and he too, broke the law. If one was to cross into Texas carrying an item that was banned here but legal elsewhere, again, would they not be in violation of state law, no?

I don't like it when New Yorker's and company complain about how Texas runs Texas, so I personally don't feel right complaining about how they run their state. I just stay the hell out of those places.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    According to NY state law neither of those cases involved innocent gun owners. I'm not in agreement with such laws and I guess you can argue how they handle such cases, but apparently NY residents don't seem to have a problem with it, tyranny or not.

The woman carried a gun into NY state contrary to both state and local law. Like it or not, she broke their law. Can one from out of state visit Houston and carry a gun on them while there without an LTC or a reciprocal license and not be in violation of Texas law?

The guy carried what sounds to me like a "high capacity" magazine according to NY state's definition and he too, broke the law. If one was to cross into Texas carrying an item that was banned here but legal elsewhere, again, would they not be in violation of state law, no?

I don't like it when New Yorker's and company complain about how Texas runs Texas, so I personally don't feel right complaining about how they run their state. I just stay the hell out of those places.

Can you link where you discovered the woman was in violation of the law? She did say she has the proper license for her weapon.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Wait, are you talking two different countries? Ignoring what happens in one neighborhood because it isn't your neighborhood only invites disaster.

She was charged with possession of a loaded firearm. No reasonable person would say she actually had a loaded firearm in her possession when it was unloaded and locked inside of a box, ammunition separated,both inside of a suitcase, and the suitcase no longer in her possession. It was a statement, no more.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Wait, are you talking two different countries? Ignoring what happens in one neighborhood because it isn't your neighborhood only invites disaster.

She was charged with possession of a loaded firearm. No reasonable person would say she actually had a loaded firearm in her possession when it was unloaded and locked inside of a box, ammunition separated,both inside of a suitcase, and the suitcase no longer in her possession. It was a statement, no more.

Exactly. Just because you're staying out of that part of the country, doesn't mean they're not gonna try to change your way of life at some point. A good offense is a good defense. We should be wary of these kind of idiotic laws anywhere inside the country and be pushing to change them.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Glad I have seen NYC, now I don't have a reason to ever go there again.
    Jailing law abiding citizens to make political statements, at what point do we call that tyranny?

Probably around the time DOJ under Holder and BHO jailed a B grade internet movie maker for causing Benghazi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Exactly. Just because you're staying out of that part of the country, doesn't mean they're not gonna try to change your way of life at some point. A good offense is a good defense. We should be wary of these kind of idiotic laws anywhere inside the country and be pushing to change them.

I don't disagree with trying to change such laws, and when an actual challenge opens up on a Federal level via Congress and/or SCOTUS then it has whatever support I can give. Until then one could either go to NY and break published laws in hopes of challenging the Constitutionality of them, write their Congressman in hopes of them authoring a bill that forces states like NY into respecting the 2nd Amendment without exception, or not spend their money there.

I don't have the coin to personally challenge the law or the time it would take away from my family..I know...excuses, excuses :( I'm already not spending my money there so there's that, so I suppose all I can do is write a letter to Cornyn and Cruz and see what they think.

But truly, my post was simply stating that as of the moment the two subjects in the video entered into NY as they did, they were breaking State and local law so their arrest wasn't all that shocking even if said laws are unreasonable and defy common sense to us.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Can you link where you discovered the woman was in violation of the law? She did say she has the proper license for her weapon.

We are arguing semantics here. She has a license to carry a pistol in her home state. A CHL if you will. She does not have a New York State license to carry a Firearm and did not register her firearm with the state of New York. That's the felony. If your gun permit has no reciprocity with all the states you will be traveling to or thru you break the law in those states.

Also who cares what the TSA says. They are not an authority outside airports and all they do if you break the law inside an airport is to call the real cops. New York PD in this case.

Be very careful where you travel and don't break the laws of the states you travel to.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

No, I was only going on the video that was presented, but I will do some digging and see if my assumption that she was not a resident of NY state holds true. However, as Easy pointed out, she was charged with possession of a loaded weapon, so I will also look to see the different levels of licensing for NY. I have a feeling that even if you are allowed to own and not carry a gun, you cannot have it "loaded". "Loaded" being the important word here as the arresting authority seemed to call a loaded gun one we would call unloaded.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    We used to have a bumper sticker in TX that said "If you don't like the way we do it in Texas, take I30 east." I don't know how we can influence a gun-hating state across the country, nor that we should try. Bloomie and the other idiots are spending money all over the states to give gunowners grief. The only leverage we could exert is if enough gunowners would boycott NYC and NY state-and that isn't likely. If something reaches the SC, then we can influence it some, maybe. Till then, I don't know what we can do to help those poor folks who get mistreated. I know it's the law, but it's wrong.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    From the video it sounded as if the woman was leaving NYC. I could almost here the City officials say "Whew, she almost got away".

I have no problem with states and cities making their own laws, unless it goes against the Constitution of the United States. As a gun owner I am very concerned with any violations of the 2nd Amendment, no matter where they occur in the United States, so I can be very adamant on that subject.

I also believe that the NYC DA knew that there wasn't criminal intent and could have handled it in that way, but instead made a statement against the 2nd Amendment, and that takes a jab at gun owners everywhere.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I don't like it when New Yorker's and company complain about how Texas runs Texas, so I personally don't feel right complaining about how they run their state.

This is the quote I'm refering to. I'm not asking anyone to do anything significant. I'm simply saying having the attitude where you think they will leave you alone because you're here and they're over there doesn't make you safe.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Complaining on a Texas gun forum won't change gun laws in New York. The best hope is for a SCOTUS ruling at some point that rules their laws unconsitutional. In that case, the best way a Texan will have made a difference is by voting for a presidential candidate that nominated a constitutional justice.

These things shouldn't be ignored. There are a few states that are insights in to what the left will push as a national agenda. States like CA, IL, and NY show us exactly what the left will push in DC, as well as in individual states given the opportunity. So be aware of it, and be prepared to fight back when the fog of dillusion nears our borders.

Sadly, there are a lot of people in New York State with little control over what laws are passed due to the massive liberal population of NYC. It's the same cancer that infests CA. Luckily, th leftists have created such an airtight echo chamber that they often are blind and deaf to the comments and views of the outside world so as they push their agenda further and further from the realm of reality they lose credibility with more and more of mainstream America.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I'm definitely not complaining, I'm sharing news that's relevant to this subforum.

Laws like this will ruin innocent people's lives. If someone's plane was diverted to JFK or any other airport in the state of NY, which would be completely outside the control of the passenger, this district attorney will make an example out of said person just to take a jab at the 2nd amendment. This is pure evil, and it needs to be stopped.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Totally agreed, but it won't happen until it gets discussed/decided at the SC level. The camel's nose should never have been allowed into the 2A tent...but citizens weren't vigilant to keep it out in 1934, or in 1968...so here we are. That's what we get when we have Congressmen/women who think we work for them.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's not that I was just complaining, and I do help to fight through letters to representatives and giving to several 2nd Amendment organizations. I also believe that being aware of what happens elsewhere can help prepare you for what could happen here.

As I said, I have no intent of ever going to New York City again, but that doesn't mean that situations can change. I hate to think, being a citizen of the United States, that I am restricted in ways to free movement within my own country. It's a shame that I can be called a law abiding citizen while exercising my rights, and then a criminal just by stepping over a line within my own country.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom