Innocent gun owners jailed in NYC

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by heavygunner8, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Sucker MC TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Cibolo
    And good reminder of how a place can change in one own lifetime to something unrecognizable.

Tcruse and sharkey like this.
  2. TAZ

TAZ Active Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I am 100% in opposition to the laws of that craphole, but those folks are about as innocent as illegals hopping the border are.

3. El Pistolero

El Pistolero New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Frisco, TX
    When I moved out of the NE to TX I completely broke down my pistol and stowed it in pieces in different t boxes in cargo. Driving through NY and NJ was nerve shattering. Once I hit PA I felt better. I'll never go back to those filthy places. They don't deserve my business. Seriously, if my family weren't still up there I would rather forget they exist as a part of the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nightwatch and Tcruse like this.
  4. El Pistolero

El Pistolero New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Frisco, TX
    Laws make it possible to cross the state in one day from one legal state to a legal destination. If you stop in the state you're in violation. This was her destination where it was not legal to do so. Always check the laws of the state you're landing at. In TX we have reciprocity with many states and one way allowances with others. Like CT. It's legal to have and carry your CT weapon here but not a Texan CHL in CT. That was signed by Perry. I confirmed that with Plano PD when I moved here. It's up to the traveler to know the laws. TX law shield has info on this for people to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Tcruse

Tcruse Active Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Yes, your comment is logically correct and something that is easy for us to forget that NY has the right to their own laws.
    However, in the real world we also know that in Texas in both cases the officer would probably only issue a verbal warning and use it as an opportunity for education. Also, no sane person would think the NY laws are even close to being compliant with the US Bill of Rights or that some "rich" person like Soros or Bloomberg would have been questioned. The corruption in NY and NYC are well known. Hopefully, the new AG will put some of these corrupt officials in prison where they belong.

Southpaw likes this.
  6. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    NY's vaunted Sullivan Act came straight out the corrupt Tammany Hall--one of the most notoriously corrupt periods of history in history. There's nothing about it that should still be permitted to exist, as it was rotten from the beginning. It smells no less fetid today.