• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I've had my M2 for quite a while & felt comfortable with it on my pistol. One day while getting ready for the range, I decided to shoot my .45 with the M2 mounted on it. I wanted to see if it changed my POI and if the center of the light happened to line up close to the POI. After a few shots, it had come loose from the pistol rail. I was not happy, imagining me trying to defend my house and after a shot or 2 the light may flip right off the gun. I must add that I am not sure it was fully seated, since it didn't do it the second time I took it to the range.

The second trip with the light (I wanted to try it again), I went through 150-200 rounds. When I went to clean the pistol, I tried the light...no light. Upon closer examination, the bulb had unseated itself. I removed the light head & reseated the bulb. It works now.

The thing that gets me, is that this is designed to be used on a HK pistol rail. I used an HK & had an issue both times. I'm not feeling the love for this light. I have not contacted Insight yet, so I can't say that they won't do anything to fix or replace it. But, I'm not optimistic, as I no longer have my receipt.

Moral of the story: If you have a light you plan to use on your gun, you should probably give it some range time to see just how durable a product you have.
    Venture Surplus ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Moral of the story: If you have a light you plan to use on your gun, you should probably give it some range time to see just how durable a product you have.

Good advice there. Some Glocks (early 22s?) have trouble functioning with a light attached, too.

If you ever think you might have to bet your life on it, test it!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom