• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Apex sear installation complete. Excellent improvement for $50.

Dropped the trigger pull from 6-7 pounds to around 4-4.5 approximately. Over travel and reset improved as well. I have 2 Shields so that was nice to be able to compare them afterwards. Best way I can describe it is now I dont have to squeeze the trigger. I can just press it straight back.

Installation went well as I didn't lose any tiny springs or pins.

When I see any of you knuckleheads at the range youre welcome to try it out.

See how this improves my speed and IDPA scores.

Im sure the full upgrade kit from Apex results in an incredible trigger as id now consider my Shield with the sear upgrade to have improved from good to excellent trigger (for a plastic/striker gun).
    Venture Surplus ad

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I was wondering if you had any during the install. Just curious how difficult for an idiot like me to do.

you gotta post a range report when you get around to trying it out

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm trying to decide how far I want to go with mine. Just the sear, the sear and the plug, or the whole ball of wax with the new aluminum trigger.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I dont doubt the whole treatment is an excellent improvement but for far less money and effort I am very pleased.

Its not just trigger pull, it has a better overall feel, better reset and to me even better than the lighter trigger pull is the lack of stacking now.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Glad to hear you like it. I ordered just the hard sear for my Shield yesterday. Sure didn't want to mess with removing the sights to install the striker block. I understand you actually get a lighter pull (4.5 lbs)just replacing the sear and using the factory springs. Lighter compared to installing the complete trigger kit(5.5 lbs). 4.5 lbs seems like a pretty good trigger weight. My Shield is at 6.5 to 7 lbs right now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was browsing their site and came across the 1911 hammer and sear kit also.

Things aren't looking good for my piggy bank.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, think a nice new trigger would be sweet on my 22 TCM, but would have to find a 1911 guru to help me out with it.

/off topic

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    My M&P Shield has an excellent trigger out of the box (February 2014 build).

The accuracy however, is terrible.

At seven yards, the pistol delivered at best a seven inch group using PPU 115 grain FMJ, from a fixed rest.

Don't know if I want to waste more ammo on this specimen to see if it can do better.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My M&P Shield has an excellent trigger out of the box (February 2014 build).

The accuracy however, is terrible.

At seven yards, the pistol delivered at best a seven inch group using PPU 115 grain FMJ, from a fixed rest.

Don't know if I want to waste more ammo on this specimen to see if it can do better.

Tried any other ammo? I can shoot probably a 2 inch group at that distance better from a rest im sure.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Definitely try some things. My wife shoots quite consistently with her 9mm, even using cheap reman ammo. My .40 is also really consistent so far (still breaking it in), but I find myself shooting left of center. I need some more time to see if it's me or the gun.

Top Bottom