• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The guys at Spartan 360 Tactical Defense hold classes that teach gun guys/gals and aspiring wannabe "operators"/mall ninjas everything they need to know about how to properly use their firearm in almost any situation.
    The instructors are highly skilled but the most amazing one in my opinion is the founder, a man they refer to simply as “Instructor Zero.”
    This guy is no joke. In the video below he demonstrates speed and accuracy in ways I’ve never seen before.
    His draw speed is lightning quick, like the characters in the “Call of Duty” video games.
    He also never misses a shot, even when he’s firing backward and using a mirror as a visual guide.

@TXARGUY: FAST SHOOTING COMPILATION | Instructor Zero | Tac Pills vol.1 FAST SHOOTING COMPILATION | Instructor Zero | Tac Pills vol.1 - YouTube
    Venture Surplus ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is why I encourage people to go to some sort of competition matches, USPSA, IDPA, steel matches, 3 gun, or whatever. You never truly know quite where you are and how much farther you still have to go until you shoot with people that are far more experienced, accomplished, and that have a considerably higher degree of measurable performance. The key word being measurable.

Imagine practicing basketball with Michael Jordan, and how that could push you much farther than you might ever go on your own or with people at your same current skill level. Having someone like that blow your doors off and run circles around you at a local match can help you improve your skills substantially IF you approach it with the right mindset and learn from it properly. One of the better mindsets is to not be afraid of and actually develop sort of a strong enjoyment of making yourself FAIL, but fail quickly, learn from it, then move past it and don't dwell on it. You have to want to do that, and if you have a healthy obsession of pushing yourself to failure regularly (as opposed to getting comfortable) and pushing beyond it, you can go far. A lot of people fail because they get too comfortable, don't continue to push themselves, let ego get in the way, and they don't want to fail and embarass themselves so they never push themselves out of their comfort zone.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That guy is a great shooter. I was cracking up at the video, tho... What was that "zero intelligently controlled targeting system"?? Are they saying you'd have to have zero intelligence to wave some cardboard on a long stick in the face of a guy shooting? :laughing:

Rios

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Humble, TX
    This guy has been discussed on other forums and his background is sketchy. No doubt he shoots fast. Jerry Miculek shoots fast. A lot of people shoot fast. If he was wearing IDPA/IPSC kit, he wouldn't arouse my suspicion. I would applaud his skills and shut my mouth. But this guy is wearing a bunch of military kit and what little information you can find online about him amounts to, "My Ops are blacker than yours".

Guys like Scott Reitz, Paul Howe, Pat McNamara, Pat Rogers, Jason Falla, Kyle Defoor, Larry Vickers, Steve Tarani, Kyle Lamb...no mystery about their backgrounds.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This guy has been discussed on other forums and his background is sketchy. No doubt he shoots fast. Jerry Miculek shoots fast. A lot of people shoot fast. If he was wearing IDPA/IPSC kit, he wouldn't arouse my suspicion. I would applaud his skills and shut my mouth. But this guy is wearing a bunch of military kit and what little information you can find online about him amounts to, "My Ops are blacker than yours".

Guys like Scott Reitz, Paul Howe, Pat McNamara, Pat Rogers, Jason Falla, Kyle Defoor, Larry Vickers, Steve Tarani, Kyle Lamb...no mystery about their backgrounds.

My feeling on the guy is who the heck is he, and why should I care? Considering the sheer number of instructors out there, with known backgrounds, with lots of experience in the ultimate application of that knowledge, and/or with a long history of winning competitions....why should anyone care about some no name instructor? I'm posing that as more of a question as opposed to an absolute statement. I have my own answers for that, but I think it's a question more people should ask themselves. If someone is truly good at what they do, regardless of their background, if they have something of value to teach, and if they don't set off my bullshit meter, I'll gladly consider training with them. This guy, although he seems to have a bit of skill, something about him sets off my bullshit meter, which I might add, is rather fine-tuned.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    My feeling on the guy is who the heck is he, and why should I care? Considering the sheer number of instructors out there, with known backgrounds, with lots of experience in the ultimate application of that knowledge, and/or with a long history of winning competitions....why should anyone care about some no name instructor? I'm posing that as more of a question as opposed to an absolute statement. I have my own answers for that, but I think it's a question more people should ask themselves. If someone is truly good at what they do, regardless of their background, if they have something of value to teach, and if they don't set off my bullshit meter, I'll gladly consider training with them. This guy, although he seems to have a bit of skill, something about him sets off my bullshit meter, which I might add, is rather fine-tuned.

Meh.

It came across my Facebook feed and I thought

"Hey, that guy is a better speed shooter than I or just about anyone I know.

I wonder if the TGT guys might enjoy seeing it."

- TXARGUY thinking past tense in a nifty quote box

So I posted it.

Sorry it tripped your BS meter. I know how tough those things are to re-set.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Meh.

It came across my Facebook feed and I thought

So I posted it.

Sorry it tripped your BS meter. I know how tough those things are to re-set.

I didn't really intend that to sound harsh, negative, condescending, or anything like that, so I apologize if it came off that way. The guy has some good skill, but there are few things I've seen from him that raise an eyebrow, such as shooting the ground on the way out of the holster (supposedly warning shots). ;)

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I didn't really intend that to sound harsh, negative, condescending, or anything like that, so I apologize if it came off that way. The guy has some good skill, but there are few things I've seen from him that raise an eyebrow, such as shooting the ground on the way out of the holster (supposedly warning shots). ;)
    I was wondering what that was all about, thought it was anaccident at 1st, then noticed he did it most of the time.

Last edited:

Rios

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Humble, TX

The Russians do the same thing in this video.

INSANE Russian Counter Terror Confidence Drill - YouTube

IMO, that is on the same level as this...

Sonny Poopzikas - Blooming Death - YouTube

And this...

Photographer on The Firing Line - YouTube

But to each their own. It would not be relevant training for me, but maybe someone out there benefits from it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom