• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    It's the usual problem with pre-paying for anything: they already have your money, so it is in their best interest to minimize service/pay-out to the absolute minimum. That's where fine print comes in.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    For self-insureds / individual policy holders, there's no maternity coverage in Texas. Your choices are group coverage (e.g. through an employer) or Medicaid if you quality. Texas allows insurance providers to opt-out of offering maternity coverage, so guess what - they all opted out. It stinks, but them's the breaks. Those of us who insist on doing things the right way end up paying through the nose. We're in the middle of this too - my choices were to pay $18,000/year for my work's family insurance plan premiums (plus deduct. plus 20% co-insurance), or pay who knows how much (can't get an answer on that up front, of course) for the prenatal care + delivery + after care completely out of pocket.

Also, as you would expect, anything the ins. co. can label as being pregnancy related will have their claims denied if you have an individual policy.

When we had our kid, it would have been cheaper to just pay cash vs my premiums and out of pocket expenses.

However I ended up having to have surgery for an intestinal infection. So I'm still ahead paying for insurance the last 5 years...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom