• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    I recently got renters insurance because of a newly bought bed set, on my policy I have firearm coverage (which I want to increase). How do you guys keeps track of your items for insurance purposes, firearm and non-firearm?

Apps?
    Pencil and paper?
    Photos?

Tips and hints appreciated.

TYVM

Edit: I don't own a fire rated safe, I use a Stack-on gun cabinet for all my gun stuff. I plan to get a safe eventually, but its not in the funds.

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

Last edited:

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    It all comes down to what you prefer, lots of people keep a spreadsheet in Microsoft excell or another similar program. But it is highly recommended that you have a physical copy and electronic backup just in case, you don't wanna have everything on your computer and that's one of the things the crook takes. You could always email yourself the file every time you make any changes that way you'd be able to access it from anywhere. Pictures are highly recommended as well as serial number logs on firearms, electronics, etc. and an estimated value/purchase price. Helps if you ever have to file a claim but would also help officers investigating if they have pictures and serial numbers. Something I try to do is take a picture anytime I change something on a gun (ie: new site or accessories on an AR) so you'd have the most current photo of what it looks like, plus you can post it to TGT lol.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    The new pic everytime is a good idea, I would just have to remind myself to print them out. We try and keep all of our receipts, as for my online orders, I would like to print all my invoices out eventually.

I want to get a small fireproof safe for all important documents, and anything else I think may be pertinent. Problem is hiding something like that...

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    The new pic everytime is a good idea, I would just have to remind myself to print them out. We try and keep all of our receipts, as for my online orders, I would like to print all my invoices out eventually.

I want to get a small fireproof safe for all important documents, and anything else I think may be pertinent. Problem is hiding something like that...

Safety deposit box at the bank is an option, also the picture thing wouldn't be a huge deal in your email because to could just print as needed. Just remember to make a dedicated folder in your email so you can keep track of everything and find it easy.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Safety deposit box at the bank is an option, also the picture thing wouldn't be a huge deal in your email because to could just print as needed. Just remember to make a dedicated folder in your email so you can keep track of everything and find it easy.

Very true. I would make a different email for
    Something like that.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Photograph every room in the house/apartment and take pics of every item with a serial number, including guns, silver, antiques, art and jewelry. Print 3 copies. Keep one set off site, one on site and the third at some safe location such as safe deposit box or even your insurance agent (if you trust them). Each photo should have an description including value, purchase location, and any other details. Collectables and jewelry should have appraisals (if you can afford them or have them). Put them in albums to make storage easier.

Make sure your policy covers you against all perils, fire, flood, theft etc.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Video is the best way to document everything you need for insurance purposes. If your phone is good enough video everything and then transfer it to a thumb drive.

Top Bottom