Interested in the CZ from Czechoslovakia

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by maniacmama, Aug 28, 2009.

1. maniacmama

maniacmama New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Round Rock, Texas
    Howdy fellow Central Texans:

I have been following up on the CZ via searches and the areas LGS. I am now past the moderate interest phase and want to engage into more serious queries:

1. Any first hand feedback on either the 9mm or 40 cal. variants?

2. Red' s does not have one to rent. Does anyone have one? Meet up with me and my husband at any of the local Ranges to test drive. ie: Reds, Eagle Peak, Lone Star - or I am a member of the Austin Rifle Club. We can put a couple of mags through and buy you a fresh box of factory ammo and a cup of coffee or soda?

2. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

I have te CZ Rami with the 14rd mags that is my every day carry.
    I have had it for 2 1/2 years and put about 5000 rds threw it and have had no problems with it, its the 9mm version as at the
    time the .40 was having feed problems.
    I dont know if they have solved that problem yet or not.
    The model 75' s also are very good in all calibers.

3. slowrey

slowrey Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have a Dan Wesson :)

4. a44mag4dave

a44mag4dave Member

I have shot the CZ 75 on several occasions. It fits my hand pretty good and we have very few malfunctions, most are related to the shooter not the pistol. Our club shoots it for our IPSC style matches, 15-20 guys 20 rounds ea 1 pistol. My only complaint is the slide has a low profile, you have to use the pinch method to rack the slide. I perfer to use my whole hand on top of the slide. Other than that its good and accurate. Your more than welcome to come shoot with us, but you would have to fly to Kuwait city to do that. Sorry.

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Go to Red's South on Friday - Sunday and talk to Keith. He'll let you borrow his CZ.

I guarantee you'll buy one after shooting one.

When I shot the bulls-eye competition I put all but 4 shots into the X on a B27 target with his CZ.

6. smoke63b

smoke63b New Member

Aug 16, 2009
    San Marcos
    CZ75b is one of the "wundernines." These things are unparalleled in the handgun world. You can't get better quality for it's price tag of 450. You can't get BETTER quality for a price tag of $1000. I own the CZ75b in Satin Nickel. These have a LONG history of extreme reliability and are known to be one of the most accurate handguns in existence without modding. One of the key features of the CZ75b that almost everyone loves is it's ergonomics. It's weird that 95% of the people that shoot one say it fits their hands perfectly. That small slide is an internal slide unlike other handguns which have an external slide. This means the CZ75 is generally more accurate because of how everything fits so tightly together. You can rack the slide on a CZ using the normal overhand method just fine. It just takes a little getting used to. The gun also loosens up quite a bit with a little shooting. The only downside that most people state about the gun out of the box is that the trigger is a little gritty in double action (perfect in single action) but that also goes away and becomes as smooth as butter after a little shooting.
    Here's a picture of mine.
    [​IMG]

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The trigger in the 75B sucks unless it's one of the new Omega triggers. They are vague and gritty even in single action. They are accurate, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they are better than everything under a grand. I will say they are one of the best buys on the market. It's hard to go wrong with one.

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    +1. Perfect, except for the trigger.

9. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    I have been shooting cZs for 20+ years. Great pistols, accurate and totally reliable. May I suggest you go to www.czforumsite.info and do some reading.

10. drj3828

drj3828 Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    You can fix that with a set of Wolfe springs and a india stone, takes about 30min! I have done both of my 75's this way.