• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maniacmama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Round Rock, Texas
    Howdy fellow Central Texans:

I have been following up on the CZ via searches and the areas LGS. I am now past the moderate interest phase and want to engage into more serious queries:

1. Any first hand feedback on either the 9mm or 40 cal. variants?

2. Red' s does not have one to rent. Does anyone have one? Meet up with me and my husband at any of the local Ranges to test drive. ie: Reds, Eagle Peak, Lone Star - or I am a member of the Austin Rifle Club. We can put a couple of mags through and buy you a fresh box of factory ammo and a cup of coffee or soda?
    Military Camp

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I have te CZ Rami with the 14rd mags that is my every day carry.
    I have had it for 2 1/2 years and put about 5000 rds threw it and have had no problems with it, its the 9mm version as at the
    time the .40 was having feed problems.
    I dont know if they have solved that problem yet or not.
    The model 75' s also are very good in all calibers.

a44mag4dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have shot the CZ 75 on several occasions. It fits my hand pretty good and we have very few malfunctions, most are related to the shooter not the pistol. Our club shoots it for our IPSC style matches, 15-20 guys 20 rounds ea 1 pistol. My only complaint is the slide has a low profile, you have to use the pinch method to rack the slide. I perfer to use my whole hand on top of the slide. Other than that its good and accurate. Your more than welcome to come shoot with us, but you would have to fly to Kuwait city to do that. Sorry.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Go to Red's South on Friday - Sunday and talk to Keith. He'll let you borrow his CZ.

I guarantee you'll buy one after shooting one.

When I shot the bulls-eye competition I put all but 4 shots into the X on a B27 target with his CZ.

smoke63b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    San Marcos
    CZ75b is one of the "wundernines." These things are unparalleled in the handgun world. You can't get better quality for it's price tag of 450. You can't get BETTER quality for a price tag of $1000. I own the CZ75b in Satin Nickel. These have a LONG history of extreme reliability and are known to be one of the most accurate handguns in existence without modding. One of the key features of the CZ75b that almost everyone loves is it's ergonomics. It's weird that 95% of the people that shoot one say it fits their hands perfectly. That small slide is an internal slide unlike other handguns which have an external slide. This means the CZ75 is generally more accurate because of how everything fits so tightly together. You can rack the slide on a CZ using the normal overhand method just fine. It just takes a little getting used to. The gun also loosens up quite a bit with a little shooting. The only downside that most people state about the gun out of the box is that the trigger is a little gritty in double action (perfect in single action) but that also goes away and becomes as smooth as butter after a little shooting.
    Here's a picture of mine.
    048.jpg

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The trigger in the 75B sucks unless it's one of the new Omega triggers. They are vague and gritty even in single action. They are accurate, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they are better than everything under a grand. I will say they are one of the best buys on the market. It's hard to go wrong with one.

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I have a S&W .40 CZ75B, satin finish. The trigger is smooth as glass.

Attachments

• c1b.jpg
      c1b.jpg
      64.2 KB · Views: 110

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I also have a CZ 75B in nickle finish. It is my 2nd favorite range pistol. My favorite is my S & W, M & P 9 Pro. Both are great pistols, but if you have small hands, the MP Pro (or full sized MP) with adjustable grip inserts might work a little better for you.
    If price is a major factor, the CZ costs about $150.00 less than the M & P but the MP has fiber a optic front sight, Novac rear sights, A factory lightened trigger, and a 5" barrel. To see a S & W 9 Pro go to;
    [URL="http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/other/ps/M&P9_ProSeries.pdf"][url]http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/other/ps/M&P9_ProSeries.pdf[/URL][/URL]

Acetone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso
    I have a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical. This is probably my favorite range gun. It is a tack driver. I have no complaints about the trigger, but I don't like the shallow slide. In my mind that is the only draw back.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You can fix that with a set of Wolfe springs and a india stone, takes about 30min! I have done both of my 75's this way.

Oh, absolutely. Any factory trigger can be improved, IMO (though there are times when it could actually be counter-productive). I just meant from the factory.

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    I love my CZ-75BD! I want more. Badly. I don't own many pistols, but of the ones I do own none are the same brand. Except for my 75 as stated before and CZ-52. Now, I need the SP-01 Phantom, CZ-75 Compact, Rami, and atleast one of their rifles. All in due time.

Top Bottom