• ...and so much more!
  • PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Stopped at Academy for some .308, and stopped at the service counter to see what they had stashed behind the counter. they had American Eagle 9mm in a combo pack. 100 Rnd. FMJ and 20 Hollow points. 124 grn. FMJ Practice and Federal 124grn. Hydra-Shok jhp. $55 for the box. I thought it was "reasonable", so I threw it in the basket. $23 for AE .308 / 150 Grn. and $39 for Winchester .308 168Grn. Match. Since I don't reload, I don't think I got raped to much.
    Guns International

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    That is a very good price, if you are willing to pay for it in these difficult times. Happy you purchased from a retailer instead of one those nasty ammo skanks who line up before dawn to buy "cheap" ammo then sell it at "A$$ Rape" prices. Academy, in my eye, has been good to their customers since they first opened their doors.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Well I'd given up on Wally world. but I did see Winchester 180 Grn. soft point " Deer Thugs" $ 24.64. Also it helps to be a early week day shopper.:peace:

Last edited:

Rogue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Katy, TX
    Pretty sure I bought that exact same thing over a year ago for around $49 so that's not bad...

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Well I'd given up on Wally world. but I did see Winchester 180 Grn. soft point " Deer Thugs" $ 24.64. Also it helps to be a early week day shopper.:peace:

I don't buy ammo from them anymore because of their limited stock. Then again, I'm spoiled because I can go to Gander, Academy, and Champion Firearms here in College Station and they always have what I need and more. Not to mention Champion has ridiculous discounts and they know how to treat ya right.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    I don't buy ammo from them anymore because of their limited stock. Then again, I'm spoiled because I can go to Gander, Academy, and Champion Firearms here in College Station and they always have what I need and more. Not to mention Champion has ridiculous discounts and they know how to treat ya right.

Gander Mountain, Spring, Tx prices are WAY HIGH (tho I've bought 'cause couldn't find elsewhere) and they, sometimes, have a better selection

now both my local, Conroe/Montgomery Academy and 2 WalMarts are selling everything I'm needing (tho Academy is just a small bit higher for the same ammo)

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    Gander Mtn is a highway robber... Started looking for a Beretta Bobcat and found they had one in stock, MSRP from Beretta is 400, they had it for 500.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Stopped at Academy for some .308, and stopped at the service counter to see what they had stashed behind the counter. they had American Eagle 9mm in a combo pack. 100 Rnd. FMJ and 20 Hollow points. 124 grn. FMJ Practice and Federal 124grn. Hydra-Shok jhp. $55 for the box. I thought it was "reasonable", so I threw it in the basket. $23 for AE .308 / 150 Grn. and $39 for Winchester .308 168Grn. Match. Since I don't reload, I don't think I got raped to much.
    Ouch! That still works out to $.46 round for the 9mm Parabellum before tax. Why don't you buy in bulk online and save some money? UN Ammo in AZ has non-reloadable 9mm for $290/k delivered to your door and reloadable brass cased 9mm for $375/k if you eschew the cheaper stuff?

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    1. no place to store anymore "Bulk". 2 I think it's reasonable. 3. don't have $290 or $375 for bulk purchase. 4. it's in my hand in less than 5 minutes.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    I was off a $100 on both those prices... Sorry to misrepresent... Current MSRP on Beretta's website is 310-350 depending on model now. I don't see it listed on Gander Mtn anymore. When I looked a few months ago it was 300 MSRP and 400 on Gander Mtn.

Top Bottom