• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Have XP dial-up which ran good with IE 7----installed IE8 & it totally sucks---very slow---HOW CAN I GO BACK TO IE7?

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Had the same problem. Go to your "control panel" page. Click on add/remove programs. When the list comes up, scroll down and find IE8 and hit the delete box. Your computer will then default back to IE7. Let me know if you have any problems.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Firefox has gotten worse though. I have Firefox 3, and it keeps occasionally crashing. Never used to do that but, it started doing it a little bit on I think 2.5, now it's doing it even more on 3.0. Oh well, it's still free at least. ;)

wildcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    IE8

Tried control panel delete of IE8----No default replacement---Blank screen---had to regress to earlier date to operate IE8

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    When you went to your control panel and clicked on add/remove programs, when the list came up, was Windows Internet Explorer 7 listed as a separate program? If not, go to the MSN website and download IE7. Then you can delete IE 8.

txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    have ie 8, very cool... but my mail browser is ff 3.51... dont know why all the crashes... ff is the way to go...rl

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Try opening IE7 from your Program List rather than the Icon and see if that works. When you deleted IE8, it should have defaulted to 7 unless you have an Icon that still thinks 8 is there.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Just uninstall IE8. It will ask you if you want to revert to a previous installation. Answer yes. If you've past that point... go to oldversion.com and download a previous version.

IE8 is pathetic. All of the MS nannies make it slower than Christmas on my PC. I use Firefox for most everything... It's better but far from perfect.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I use FireFox, but I have Chrome and IE7 on my computer as a means of testing stuff on the forum. The interface on Chrome is unique, so it's taking some time to figure out.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Nothing wrong with IE8. I have installed it and working FINE on hundreds of computers. If you want to argue that it is bloated somewhat like lots of MS and other products ~ I would agree. The bloat is an evolution of trying to be all things to all people and keep everyone happy. It is also part of the evolution of better faster hardware, and Internet usage also requiring more bandwidth. IE as any browser is only as good as the web site being viewed is written. Some browsers may work better in those circumstances. As in many things sometimes we take 2 steps forward and 1 step back but we are still moving ahead. Most people remember the the step back wards and forget the steps forward. Do you remember what is was like technologically in the 90's vs today > we have come a long way and will go a long way further.

To the OP simply uninstall and go back to IE7 or try some other browsers that work in your low bandwidth situation.

Top Bottom